Cable: A Summer Place
- CABLE IS RAISING THE ROOF. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p14
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. achieved record ratings in 2007, with USA Network registering the largest number of primetime viewers in cable history. Disney Channel posted the best audience delivery for a movie in cable history with its "High School Musical 2," TNT posted...
- Saturday Was Super for PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p30
Comments on issues related to pay-per-view industry in the United States. Rating of CBS coverage on Super Bowl football game; Performance of comedian Drew Careys in the program of PPV; Need to expand the video-on-demand services of PPV.
- Pay TV cease-fire in sight. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p52
Reports on developments related to pay TV in Scandinavia as of October 14, 1996. Region-based pay TV channels TV1000 and FilmNet's efforts to establish a joint venture; Background on the channels' business operations.
- Sports leagues playing the pay-per-view game. May, Rebecca // Electronic Media;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p12
Reports the expansion of program offerings of iN Demand, the cable television leading pay-per-view network in the United States. Lists of out-of-market sports offerings; Previews of service; Highlights of the programs offered.
- More subs for IFC. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Reports that Independent Film Channel has increased its subscription by signing agreement with Cox Communications to carry IFC programs from July 1, 1996. Value of deal; Inclusion of `Animation Celebration: The Best of the International Tournee of Animation' in IFC's programming; Hosting of...
- Channel 4 stumps up. // Sight & Sound;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p37
Reports on the launching of FilmFour, a subscription film channel which will be premiered on cable, satellite and on Channel 4 in Great Britain. Speculation on the decision by the England and Wales Cricket Board to spin off; Features of the FilmFour; Influence of FilmFour on Britain's cinematic...
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p2
Reports on developments related to the subscription television industry in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Bankruptcy proceedings of cable television network America's Voice.
- Study: TV Guide Viewers Order More PPV Titles. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p12
Reports the number of reservation of pay-per-view (PPV) titles by digital-cable subscribers with access to TV Guide Channel in the United States. Benefits of programming designed for market PPV titles on PPV buys; Details on the analysis of PPV buys; Convenience of impulse PPV ordering and TV...
- HBO expanding in central Europe. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;01/05/98, Vol. 369 Issue 8, p50
Announces Home Box Office's (HBO) launching of a pay movie channel to cable subscribers in Romania beginning January 1998.