BBCA Pumps Up Volume
- LA TV Hums National Rollout Tune en Espanol. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p50
The U.S.-based television network LA TV, which currently reaches 4 million households in Los Angeles, California area, wants to extend its business operations nationwide. The initial goal for its bilingual service, which airs music videos, celebrity interviews and entertainment news, is to gain...
- 8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p14
Deals with the continuous expansion of cable operator Comcast Network in October 2004. Percentage of cable subscribers from Washington, D.C., New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; Additions to the television programs aired by the operator; Investments in local programming shows in Denver,...
- Martha's primetime makeover. Clehane, Diane // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, pA12
This article focuses on the television program "The Apprentice: Martha Stewart." The public loves to take people who are on top and see them go through the great bell curve of life--go down and come back up. Clearly, NBC Universal Television Group is betting on the upswing. Reflective of that...
- MURDER PREVENTION UNIT. Vernadakis, George // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p36
Reviews the TV program "Murder Prevention Unit" from BBC America.
- BBC America plays ball with 'Wives' Paskin, Willa // Daily Variety;6/2/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 44, p14
Reports that BBC America has acquired rights to the television series "Footballers' Wives" in Great Britain.
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.
- "TV: The Global Wasteland.". // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1977, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p96
This article discusses then article "TV: The Global Wasteland," an Atlas Report which was published in the July 1977 issue of the "Atlas World Press Review." In France, family dependence on television (TV) had reached such proportions that one has the impression that a broken TV is more serious...
- Highlights:. Arenstein, Seth // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p4
The article highlights the schedule of several television programs and films in different channels. Programs include "Macbeth" on BBC America, "Hitchcocked" on Encore Mystery, "Countdown to Ground Zero" on History and "Death of Kevin Carter" on Cinemax.
- November TX guide. // Televisual;Nov2004, p86
Presents a guide of television programs for the month of November 2004 in Great Britain.