All Screens Aren't Created Equal For Ads
- Study: For Ads, All Screens Aren't Created Equal. // Multichannel News;10/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p1
The article focuses on a survey conducted by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau which records the reaction time of viewers towards watching commercials presented in television (TV), computers, cell phones screens or iPods in the U.S. It was found out that individuals watch TV commercials for...
- Cable's Killer Upfront Shows TV's Muscle. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on a survey conducted by the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau in the U.S. which found that the sales volume of television (TV) advertising during the upfront increased to a record of 8 billion U.S. dollars or 19 percent.
- Infomercials Sell Well. Zifkin, Dan // Ward's Dealer Business;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p36
The article focuses on the efficacy of television infomercials as a marketing approach in improving automobile dealerships' sales in the U.S. The author suggests that a modern consumer develops a propensity to shop online for both manufacturer information and consumer views. Dealers could...
- Infomercial demos get lift in new survey. Levin, Gary // Advertising Age;10/25/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the National Infomercial Marketing Association's study showing the diversity of the buyers of infomercial products. Perception of infomercial buyers; Classification of buyers; Percentage of satisfied buyers; Impact of improved production values on the industry; Coverage of the study.
- Jordan Whitney's Program Rankings. // Response;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p10
Lists the top infomercials and spots in television for the week ending May 21, 2005. Program; Product being advertised; Price of the product; Producer and distributor; Agency that conceptualized the spots.
- Research: Jordan Whitney's Program Rankings. // Response;May2007, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Several charts are presented that list program rankings published by Jordan Whitney Inc. in the national cable and broadcast market in the U.S. including the top 10 infomercials and the top 10 programs in sports.
- The IMS Top DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;Jun2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
Presents the top 6 infomercials and direct response spots on cable television in the U.S. for April 2005. Product name; Marketing company; Price; Health and fitness category; Beauty category; Entertainment category; Household/kitchen category; Business opportunity; Miscellaneous; Computers and...
- Joys of motoring. // Finweek;5/21/2009, p68
The article provides information about the television (TV) commercial starred by a three-legged cheetah that rediscovers the joy of speed by riding in a Volkswagen Golf 6. It notes that the advertisement describes a true-life story of Marlice van Vuuren, who rehabilitates wild animals on a game...
- Online TV ad spend of $10bn by 2011 still dwarfed by broadcast. Bearne, Suzanne // New Media Age;8/2/2007, p13
The article focuses on a report by Understanding & Solutions which revealed that up to $10 billion is forecasted to be spent on Internet television advertising by 2011. The consultancy expects the figure to account for approximately a fifth of all Internet advertising, which is expected to be...