JUST THE FACTS
- FOLLOW THE LEADER. Walker, Justin // 4X4 Australia;Oct2009, Issue 309, p123
The article evaluates the VMS Touring 500 Global Positioning System (GPS) for automobiles.
- Positioning the future. Marsh, David // Roads & Bridges;Nov99, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p86
Focuses on the use of Global Positioning System (GPS) in automobiles. Prevalence of GPS in rental and luxury cars; History of GPS.
- GPS to go. // Discover;Dec99, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p71
Provides more information about a portable automobile Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver, based on a humorous experience of a `Discover' staff member. Account of the `guessing game' made by curious observers on the portable system; Various functions of the GPS; Explanation of the...
- New Technology Talks To You And Guides You. // Ebony;Nov2001, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p170
Focuses on new technology installed in automobiles. OnStar in General Motors' in-vehicle safety, security and information service; TeleAid communication systems in DaimlerChrysler Mercedes-Benz; Global Positioning System in BMW vehicles.
- Gas Up, Log On. // Fortune;Summer2000 Technology Guide, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p216
Focuses on some of the vehicles that come equipped with digital gadgets and services. General Motors' OnStar service that offers emergency and live-advice services; Ford Motor's alliance with Sprint PCS that brings the World Wide Web to drivers; Satellite Navigation Systems; The integrated...
- OnStar to the rescue. // Electronics Now;Sep98, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p61
Introduces General Motors' OnStar, a car navigation system that replaces the impersonal digital displays and digitizes voices of existing systems with live human assistance. Key components and specifications; Operating principle; Voice-activated digital cellular telephone; Global Positioning...
- ROVING REPORTER. Sample, Ian // New Scientist;10/21/2000, Vol. 168 Issue 2261, p59
Focuses on the use of automobiles as data transmission sources. Opinion of Hideki Sunahara of Keio University that sensors located in automobiles could transmit data to the Internet; Types of data that could be transmitted, including local air quality, temperature, and visibility; Use of Global...
- Sat-nav answers the call. Willis, Henry // Auto Express;8/6/2014, Issue 1331, p72
The article evaluates the TomTom GO 40 satellite navigation system for automobiles from Tomtom International BV.
- Road Worthy. // New York;4/2/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p48
A list of automobile accessories available in stores in New York City is presented. Included in the list are such items as vintage-inspired aviator sunglasses available at Linda Derector, a global positioning system (GPS) gadget called Garmin NÃ¼vi from Best Buy, and a tire pressure gauge...