- Playboy joins date game. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 44, p2
The article reports that Playboy TV will be launching a cable reality television program called "Four-Some." The half-hour series will focus on young men and women who meet one another at a mansion in the Hollywood Hills. The dating game, according to Playboy, will be more graphic than other...
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- NETS TEEMING WITH TOUGH GUYS. Schneider, Michael // Variety;9/1/2008, Vol. 412 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the success of male-oriented reality cable television shows such as "Deadliest Catch" and "Ice Road Truckers," and the efforts of network television to copy these blue-collar programs. Craig Piligian, executive producer of "In Harm's Way," states that the people in these...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. There is an increase in the ratings of Disney for the third quarter of 2006 compared to the third quarter of 2005. Networks with the highest ratings include Disney, USA, TNT and ESPN.
- BAD TIME FOR HD BOX SHORTAGE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p40
The article provides information concerning on the high density (HD) boxes for cable operators in the U.S. Most operators placed orders for HD boxes with integrated security in fall 2006. Cable operators stop deploying digital set-tops with their security embedded inside on July 1, 2007....