A&E Offering Ad 'Tips' In Local Cable Markets
- MSOs spiff up their images, boost service. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p30
Focuses on the effort of multiple system operators in the United States' cable broadcasting industry to advertise their products effectively. Reference to the amount of money spent by cable operators in advertising; Comments from Ray Katz, analyst at Bear Stearns company; Reference to the...
- $14 bil upfronts offer hope. Phillips, Braden // Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 10, pA2
Reports on the recovery of television (TV) networks and the cable TV advertising market. Revenue of networks in 2000; Amount of losses in 2001; Factors that contributed to the recovery.
- TBS BUNNY HOPS TO IT FOR SPONSOR. Newbery, Charles; Sutter, Mary // Variety;6/17/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the addition of Quicky rabbit animated commercial to Cartoon Network Latin America. Features of the animated commercial; Decrease in advertising spending on pay television in Argentina; Forecast on overall advertisement spending in Argentina in 2002.
- Cable TV systems sharpen the focus of auto commercials. Bernstein, Marty // Automotive News;5/16/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6147, p38L
The article reports that two of the U.S.'s biggest cable TV providers are expanding technologies that allow auto advertisers to target viewers by their addresses and demographic data. Comcast Cable Communications Inc., the top cable provider, offers such systems in 18 of the nation's top 30 TV...
- Cross-Media Sales Take CAB Center Stage. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p16
Previews the 18th annual Cable Advertising Conference of Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau in New York. Details on cross-media selling and cross-platform programming; Performance of cable and broadcast advertising sales; Speakers and topics of the conference.
- Interconnects on the increase. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the growing demand for cable interconnects for helping national and regional marketers reach television viewers across an entire local television market in the U.S. Benefits of an interconnect system to advertisers; Percentage increase in national spot cable advertising in 2002;...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 35, Media Outlook p38
Presents an outlook on cable programming in the United States for 2000. Merger activities of cable networks; Cable program ratings in 1999; Predictions on the increase in cable advertising; Obstacles in cable network growth.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry as of April 21, 2003. Change in the name of The National Network which will take effect on June 16; Advertising commitments received by Hallmark Channel; Plans to launch The Tennis Channel with coverage of the Tennis Masters series on May 15.
- Canada cos. launch Ad on Demand network. Chiasson, Gail; Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;4/4/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 14, p20
Reports on the plans of TVA Group Inc. and etc.tv to launch the Advertising on Demand Network in the fall of 2005. Benefits of the network for the subscribers of the Illico digital cable service; Factor which may contribute to the success of the network.