Univision Seeking CEO, But 2 Top Execs Will Stay
- Managing risk in executive selection. Font, Louis E. // NACD Directorship;Jun2001, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
Offers tips on recruiting a chief executive officer (CEO). Problems in selecting a CEO; Benefits of selecting an insider for the job; Aspects that need to be assessed in a potential CEO candidate.
- STAR SEARCH. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/29/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p1A
Reports on the process of selecting chief executive officers (CEO) in the U.S. Differences in CEO requirements of companies; Impact of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the CEO accountability; Resources used by search firms in looking for CEO.
- Effective chair-CEO separation. Walton, Elise // Directors & Boards;2011 2nd Quarter, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p76
The article reports on the increased number of U.S. companies which separate the chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) roles, according to the data from recruiting frim Spencer Stuart. A chair-CEO relationship works well when there is supportive context such as having the right people...
- YAHOO BEGINS CEO SEARCH. // Daily Variety;6/5/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 45, p12
The article reports that Yahoo! Inc. has hired executive search company Spencer Stuart to help look for its new chief executive officer (CEO) in 2012.
- Best Buy Selects CEO Search Firm. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;5/28/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p20
The article announces the selection of Spencer Stuart to organize Best Buy Company's nationwide search to consider internal and external chief executive officer (CEO) candidates to replace departed CEO Brian Dunn.
- Grant Duncan joins Spencer Stuart UK. Venkatraman, Archana // Marketing Week;7/31/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p64
The article reports on the appointment of Grant Duncan, former Publicis London's chief executive, as the head of Spencer Stuart's media practice in Great Britain.
- New FutureBrand chief for Europe. Exon, Mike // Design Week;9/16/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the recruitment of Patrick Smith, Europe chief executive of Enterprise IG, as chief executive officer of rival branding group FutureBrand in Great Britain. Position of Smith under global chief executive Jean-Louis Dumeu; Role of Smith as managing director; Availability of several...
- CNA Taps Chief for Life, Group Operations. // American Banker;6/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 112, p11
CNA Financial Corp. named Robert L. McGinnis to be the president and chief executive officer of its life and group operations. The Chicago-based insurer said in a press release that McGinnis succeeds Robert W. Patin, who announced his retirement. McGinnis joined the company in 2001 as an...
- Steve Henry to join TBWA. Bold, Ben // Campaign;5/26/2006, Issue 21, p1
The article reports that United London chairman Steve Henry has been hired by TBWA/London Ltd. for the post of executive creative director. Henry's defection coincides with the resignation of Amanda Walsh, United's European president, who is leaving at the end of the month. Henry will complete a...