THROUGH THE WIRE
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;9/30/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p54
Several statistics are presented related to the multichannel news companies in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Cisco Systems Inc. and AT&T.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;2/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p29
Presents news briefs related to developments in the field of U.S. telecommunication industry. Launch of high definition television services by Missouri-based Charter Communications Inc. to customers in Texas and Dallas. Plans of Comcast SportsNet to begin distributing high-definition television...
- Fiber Optics News. // Communications Technology;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p31
The article presents news relating to the telecommunications sector. ARRIS and Cisco have submitted a joint proposal for the technical criteria supporting multi-wavelength optical networks to the SCTE. Comcast has completed a 100 GigE test over its backbone using a 100 GigE router interface...
- Comcast's Werner: 'Shifts Happen'. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;9/29/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 36, following p8
The article focuses on a keynote speech delivered by Tony Werner, vice-president of the mass media firm Comcast, during the 2014 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo 2014. The topics discussed include cable industry's shift towards a cloud computing based services...
- Verizon Edges AT&T As Top Telecom Brand; Comcast Xfinity In Top 10. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;2/16/2016, p1
The article reports that U.S.-based Verizon communications company edges AT&T as top-ranked global telecommunication brand in 2016. Topics discussed include the statement of Great Britain-based research firm Brand Finance regarding the rating of cable firm Comcast Xfinity in top 10, Cisco...
- Cisco hunts small Web businesses. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the first partners in Cisco Systems' Cisco Hosted Applications Initiative. Information on the initiative; Aim of the company; Applications provided.
- Big four vendors all show gains. // Business Communications Review;Oct98, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the increased sales of telecommunication routers and switches in the United States led by Cisco Systems Inc.
- Telecom shoot-out. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Jun98, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the problems between voice network vendors and date network vendors in the telecommunication industry, highlighting the Cisco Systems company. Who are the data network vendors; How the router switch can be the solution to the problems of the vendor; Comments from Keith Fox, vice...
- Cable quest. Carroll // Telephony;12/06/99, Vol. 237 Issue 23, p53
Reports that Cisco Systems has continued its string of acquisitions in the United States, designed to bolster its solutions for streamlined broadband telecommunication networks that support data, voice, and data services. Companies acquired by Cisco as part of its plans of expanding its...