ErinMedia Pulls Back From TV Ratings
- A New TV Rating Method; Bag Sample, Take Census. McClellan, Steve // Adweek;7/18/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p9
This article presents information on a new approach of determining television ratings by erinMedia LLC, owned by Florida entrepreneur Frank Maggio. Nielsen Media Research Inc.'s approach to ratings measurement has been, and continues to be, the subject of criticism. erinMedia has charged that...
- Nielsen Rival Pulling in $25M Cash. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p18
The article reports that ErinMedia LLC, the rival company of Nielsen Media Research Inc. in the television-rating business, has secured a $25 million financing from a venture capital firm. According to ErinMedia owner Frank Maggio, the company is in the final process of making the investment....
- NIELSEN EXTENDS ITS REACH. Mandese, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p14
The article discusses the move of Nielsen to expand its services despite complaints about its television ratings and an antitrust lawsuit. Nielsen has launched non-traditional advertising formats such as branded entertainment and product placement. Some of its offerings include new ways to...
- ErinMedia Files Second Suit Against Nielsen. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p52
This article reports on the lawsuit filed by startup ratings company ErinMedia against ratings firm Nielsen Media Research on January 11, 2006 in Florida District Court in Tampa, Florida. ErinMedia alleges that Nielsen Media has made false advertising undercutting its business. It says that...
- Nielsen Media Research sued over monopoly charges. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/23/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 50, p19
Reprints an article on an antitrust lawsuit filed by ReacTV LLC and erinMedia LLC against Nielsen Media Research for monopoly over television ratings and antiquated methodology in the Tampa federal court in Florida, which appeared in "The Tampa Bay Business Journal." Details of the case; Basis...
- Nielsen rethinks Hispanic ratings. Tobenkin, David // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p54
Reports on Nielsen Media Research's efforts to address ratings disparities between Nielsen Hispanic Station Index (NHSI) and Nielsen Station Index (NSI) surveys. Collaboration with Spanish-language network Univision; Exclusive measurement of Spanish-language stations; NSI survey of...
- NSS pocketpiece. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p54
Lists Nielsen Media Research's top ranked syndicated shows for the week of March 19-26 1995.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p55
Lists Nielsen Media Research's top ranked television and cable programs and broadcast networks for the week of March 27-April 2 1995. `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage' from CNN; `Bad Girls' home movie from HBO; `Barbara Walters Special' from ABC.
- Out-of-home, sweet out-of-home. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p23
Reports on the out-of-home viewing survey of Nielsen Media Research conducted in the fall season of 1995. Number of adults who watch television outside the home; Viewership shares of television networks.