Winding Down the Partnerships
- COMCAST LAUNCHES XFINITY 3D. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that cable provider Comcast has launched the Xfinity 3D 24-hour channel in the U.S.
- Comcast Loses Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the loss of 135,000 video subscribers by Comcast Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 757,000 video subscribers for the entire fiscal year.
- N.H. towns weigh their options in Adelphia takeover. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;8/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
Looks into the cable television business in New Hampshire, as Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Adelphia Communication Corp. Number of subscribers both companies will get from Adelphia; Discussion of Adelphia in financial trouble since the year 2002; Views of people regarding...
- Pain connects cable at TWC and COmcast. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/1/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the slowing trend of subscription of the services provided by the U.S. cable operators Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the second quarter of 2009. It is stated that the subscriptions have been low, similar to the results in the fourth quarter of 2008....
- Family Squabbles. // CableFAX Daily;12/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 249, p1
Deals with the complaints of Brent Bozell, president of Parents Television Council, on Comcast's family tier. Allegation of Bozell for lack of sports cable channels and movie cable channels; Name calling of Bozell against Comcast and Time Warner.
- Holy Coax! Cable Gains Drive Pay TV Additions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p8
The article reports on the rise of pay television (TV) customers in the first quarter of 2014. It predicts that pay TV customers should rise by 269,000 subscribers which are about 13 percent more than that of the 237,000 added in the first quarter of 2013. Topics discussed include rise in the...
- TIME WARNER SET FOR NEW CUSTOMERS. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the increasing subscription of Time Warner Cable Inc. in Northeast Ohio. The company has launched a Website to attract customers of Adelphia Communications Corp. and Comcast Corp. Time Warner entered into a deal with Adelphia to acquire the subscribers. The company is...
- PAY TV ARM LIFTS NEW FRONTIER. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);6/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the decision of Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. to increase the distribution of New Frontier Media's television arm. Purpose of the move; Net revenue posted by New Frontier for the fiscal year 2002; Plan of New Frontier to offer broadband content packages.
- HOUSE OF PAIN. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p14
The article reports that the slowdown in the home industry has significantly affected the cable television sector in the U.S. Cable operators, such as Comcast and Time Warner Cable, have reported significant basic-subscriber losses. Sales of existing homes has slowed 8% in September 2007. The...