Dems Apply Transition Heat
- Digital Converter Subsidy Eyed. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;6/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the plans of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee to subsidize the acquisition of digital converters for analog television (TV) sets. Number of analog TV sets in the U.S.; Statement issued by Representative Joe Barton (R-Tex.) regarding the plan; Cost of digital-to-analog...
- Dingell's old panel shifts gears. // Business Insurance;2/13/95, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p2
Reports that the US House Commerce Committee's Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee will shift its focus to federal agencies rather than on insurance and other industries it targeted under former chairman John D. Dingell.
- With Dingell on the outs, securities powers may gain. Garrson, Robert M.; de Senerpont Domis, Olaf // American Banker;11/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 220, p3
Reports on the selection process for the replacement of Congress Committee on Energy and Commerce chairman John Dingell. Candidates; Platforms; Dingell's achievements and agenda; Effect on the banking industry in the United States.
- Waxman v. Dingell. Rothstein, Betsy; Kitto, Kris // Hill;11/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 125, p17
The article presents the two candidates for chairman of U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee, Representatives John Dingell from Michigan and Henry Waxman form California.
- Dingell: Limit MI Deduction. // National Mortgage News;8/13/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p2
The article reports on the plan of Representative John Dingell, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee to end the mortgage interest tax deduction on residences with more than 3,000 square feet in the U.S. New details of his plan to cut global warming was revealed by Dingell. Ending...
- KEITH CRAIN: Who out there is going to want the job? Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;12/1/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8
The article comments on the vote to unseat U.S. Representative John Dingell from his chairmanship of the Energy and Commerce Committee of the House. It is stated that the irony of the voting was that Dingell was ousted by secret ballot. It is noted that it was an example of hypocrisy of...
- Barton's Opening Shot. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;10/18/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 42, p20
Highlights the plan of U.S. House Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton to reclaim the analog channels of television stations by the end of 2006. Reasons for Barton's plan; Information on a counterpart version sponsored by U.S. Senator John McCain; Views of U.S. Representative John Dingell...
- Waxman snatches energy chair. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;11/24/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that U.S. Representative Henry A. Waxman, won as the chairman of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee defeating its prior chairman John Dingell. Waxman won a narrow 137- 122 majority vote among the Democratic members of the House in the voting of November 20, 2008....
- Waxman tapped to succeed Dingell on key committee. Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/21/2008, Vol. 407 Issue 27, p8
The article reports on the change in the leadership of the Committee on Energy and Commerce in the U.S. The condition has been driven by the taking over of Democrat Henry Waxman for lawmaker John Dingell for the chairmanship position. It views on the issues to be taken by the committee including...