No Action on Distant Nets
- EchoStar Lobbying for Satellite DTV. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8
Deals with the petition on satellite digital television made by EchoStar Communications to the U.S. Congress in April 2004. Overview of the petition; Outline of the congressional testimony presented by EchoStar senior vice-president and general counsel David Moskowitz to the U.S. House...
- Court Order Bars EchoStar From Going the Distance. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;5/29/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals told a lower court to issue an injunction barring EchoStar from providing network signals from distant cities. EchoStar had about 1.2 million distant network subs in 2002. The ruling came in a case brought by affiliates alarmed at...
- EchoStar family tier not retailer-friendly. Zeithchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p23
The article examines the stipulation in the new offering of EchoStar Communications Corp. with retailers in the U.S. The new offering focuses on children, news and educational programming. One of the provisions deducts 100 dollars from the 300 dollars retailers paid for selling the system to a...
- GO TO. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 42, p3
This article reports that the International Emmy World Television Festival set on November 22-23, 2014 at the Sofitel Hotel in New York would bring together industry professionals from more than 60 countries to celebrate and discuss TV around the world.
- EchoStar beams local-into-local. Colman, Price; Albiniak, Paige; Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
States that in January 1998, EchoStar Communications Corporation beamed broadcast local signals into the markets of four of their affiliated broadcasting companies. What cities signals were broadcast in; Identity of other cities where local signals will be broadcast in February; Percentage of...
- EchoStar still trying to ink retrans deals. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the efforts of EchoStar Inc. to cut retransmission consent agreements. Deal signed with WFTC television station; Termination of delivery of four local signals in four markets.
- EchoStar sharpens ax for costly nest. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p6
Reports on satellite broadcaster, EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to drop television channels that do not earn broadcasting profits. Reason behind EchoStar's plan; Other broadcasters that followed the programming policy of EchoStar.
- With War Looming, Arabic Networks See an Opening. Figler, Andrea; Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the opening of Arabic television networks in March 2003 in the face of the U.S. war against Iraq. Negotiation of Middle East Broadcasting Centre with EchoStar Communications; Information on the network Al Arabia; Overview of the plan of Qatar-based Al Jazeera to launch an...
- EchoStar Adds Discovery HDTV Channel To DISH Net. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports the addition of the Discovery High Definition (HD) Theater channel into the DISH Network programming lineup of EchoStar Communications Corp. in Littleton, Colorado. Availability of the HDTV channel 24 hours a day; Format of the programming; Agreement between Discovery Channel and cable...