Channel Discovers User-Generated Fare
- Discovery U.S. shuts down Blighty digs. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/28/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the move of cable tv network Discovery Channel Co. in U.S. to close the production office of Discovery Channel Co. in Great Britain in August 2008 to centralize the business in its main office in Silver Spring, Maryland. However, the company emphasized that such closure...
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p14
Photographs of the several participants in the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame event including Paul Karpowicz, Melissa Grego, and David Zaslav are presented.
- Stickiest Shows. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p28
A table ranking basic-cable shows telecast from April 14-20, 2014 according to the Rentrak Stickiness Index rating which measures social engagement is presented.
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p30
The article presents readers' responses to articles in the April 30, 2014 issue including "Cable Show: MSOs Prepared to Enter Gigabit Era" and "Cable Show: Cox to Offer 1-Gig to All".
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
A calendar of events related to cable television industry from February 1-April 6, 2016, is presented, which includes Louisiana Cable Telecommunications Association's show, the Southwest Cable Communications Association's Annual Meeting and the Television and Video Marketers Conference.
- World of Discovery. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, special section p17
The article profiles Eileen O'Neill's successful career at Discovery Communications. O'Neill who is president and general manager of The Learning Channel (TLC) has spent her entire career at Discovery Communications. She has worked in various areas such as operations, business affairs,...
- PERCEPTION PROBLEM. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;4/28/2015 Supplement, p20
The article reports on the difficulty faced by U.S. broadcast and cable networks as of April 2015 due to uncounted viewing and advertising market's decline. Topics include the systematic decline in advertising sales due to audience fragmentation and the rise of digital competitors, the growth...
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...