Vt. Paperwork Lessens
- Tool-steel suppliers seek tariff exemptions. Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;5/6/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the appeal of tool-steel companies and mold makers for tariff exemptions on steel imposed by the U.S. government. Drawbacks of the law; Effect of the tariffs on the price of some types of steel; Expected effectivity of the dues.
- DEÄžÄ°ÅžEN MEVZUAT IÅžIÄžINDA MALÃ›L VE SAKAT ARAÃ‡ Ä°THAL ÅžARTLARININ MALÄ° BOYUTUYLA BÄ°RLÄ°KTE DEÄžERLENDÄ°RÄ°LMESÄ°. İŞLEYEN, İlker Sadi // Mali Cozum Dergisi / Financial Analysis;2010, Issue 101, p155
No abstract available.
- Governors Request $176B From Economic Stimulus Package, Including $40B for State Medicaid Programs. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Dec2008, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the $176 billion and $40 billion sought by Governors Ed Rendell and Jim Douglas in the U.S. As stated, the money will be used for infrastructure projects, college grant money, medicaid and an extension of unemployment benefits. Diane Rowland, executive vice president of...
- Governors Wary of Health Care Reform. // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p50
The article reports on the concern of the U.S. governors on the shape of the health care bill that emerge in the Congress in 2009. Republicans and Democrats fear that the federal government sets to deliver expensive Medicaid obligations without offering the money to pay for them. According to...
- Customs duty and value-added tax on importation of capital equipment to the People's Republic of... Ng, Christina Y.M. // International Tax Journal;Spring99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p71
Discusses the changes in the taxation system of the People's Republic of China since January 1, 1994. Revisions and directives issued by the Chinese government; Exemption of custom duty and imposition of value added tax to the importation of machinery, equipment and capital goods; Impact of the...
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/13/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p23
Features a news roundup about economic conditions in Jordan as of August 13, 1999. Includes the efforts to strengthen economic ties with Syria with the signing of pact exempting products from customs duties; Exemption of computers from import duty; Launch of thrice-weekly passenger train...
- Truckers could lose 7% in revenue if government uses 1995 tariffs. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;5/22/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p38
Focuses on the efforts of the Brotherhood of Truck Drivers to reject the proposed tariff schedule of the Public Service Commission in Puerto Rico. Support of the Association of Premixed Concrete Manufacturers for the truck drivers; Effects of the tariff on the trucking industry; Elimination of...
- Can Deregulation Be Fixed? // Georgia Trend;Jan2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p80
Presents an interview with Lauren McDonald, chairman of the Georgia Public Service Commission. Views on the effect of gas deregulation on the economy; Defects in the deregulation in the industry; Impact of deregulation on the consuming public.
- Exelon, Constellation Make Merger Changes To Win Maryland Approval. HOLLY, CHRIS // Energy Daily;10/14/2011, Issue 198, p3
The article reports that Exelon Corp. and Constellation Energy have announced changes to their merger deal to win approval by Maryland Public Service Commission (PSC). Among the changes are provisions to ensure local management of Constellation's regulated utility and agreement with the market...