- DOCSIS 1.1 STANDARD BRINGS CABLE TO TIERS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;10/8/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 15, p32
Focuses on the DOCSIS 1.1 voice over Internet protocol data specification by CableLabs. Features of the specification.
- MSOs take VoIP for a test drive. Dawson, Fred // CED;Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p52
Looks into the effort of some multiple-systems operators in the cable industry to deploy Internet Protocol (IP) voice services over their networks on a wide a scale. Testing of the technology by Time Warner Cable, Comcast Corp. and Le Groupe Videotron; Potential applications of IP telephony;...
- The Need for Speed. Netherby, Jennifer // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 39, p31
The article focuses on the upgrade of broadband architecture to wideband, Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications (DOCSIS 3.0), by cable operators. It states that CableLabs Inc. is to announce the first certification for the higher-speed DOCSIS 3.0 modems in the National Cable and...
- Broadband week briefs. // Multichannel News;09/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p48
Presents a roundup of Internet, telecommunication and cable news as of September 27, 1999. Includes the merger of United States-based Internet service providers Earthlink Network Inc. and MindSpring Enterprises Inc.; Cable Television Laboratories Inc.; UK cable operator NTL Inc.; GlobeCast's...
- NETGEAR CMD31T CABLE MODEM GETS DOCSIS 3.0 CERTIFICATION. // Modem Users News;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the DOCSIS 3.0 certification received by Netgear for its CMD31T Cable Modem. The certification in CableLabs' Certification Wave 60 specifies support for at least four downstream and four upstream channels. According to the article, the resulting data rates of up to 160...
- Packet over Cable: Fattening the Pipe. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p44
Presents three CableLabs Inc. initiatives that will allow multiple service operators (MSO) to offer advanced voice and data services with quality over service (QoS) guarantees. DOCSIS 1.1's dynamic QoS, silence suppression and provision for unsolicited grant flows; Advanced PHY to increase MSO...
- CableLabs Spec Would Open an Outside Line. // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p48
Reports the deployment of 'CableB2B' specification for customers using an Internet service provider by Cable Television Laboratory Inc. in the United States. Participation of AT&T Broadband on the project; Aims of the specification; Extension of the project to interactive television.
- Will CableLabs Cache In on Over-the-Top Video? BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;12/2/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p28
The article offers brief information on the Transparent caching system from Cable Television Laboratories Inc. (CableLabs).
- INSIDE DOCSIS 3.0. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p20
The article discusses the major features of the first three specifications of the DOCSIS 3.1 platform for the cable technology issued on August 4, 2006 and the implications the platform has made to the industry. DOCSIS 3.1 promises to support more efficient Internet services, more robust...