Motorola Boosts Its Telco-Access Play
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p34
Presents news briefs about the telecommunications industry in the United States as of November 6, 2000. Information on the BusinessSpeed digital subscriber line service from HarvardNet in New Jersey; Acquisition of National Mobile Communications by SoVerNet.
- Motorola buys Netopia for 'seamless mobility'. // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that Motorola Inc. has signed an agreement to acquire broadband gateway provider Netopia Inc. According to Motorola, the deal is valued at $208 million and is expected to close early in 2007. Motorola and Netopia share a common vision of the connected home as the hub for...
- Telcos Push PointCast Portal Play. Haar, Steven Vonder; Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;12/14/98, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p9
Reports that four local telephone companies are negotiating to buy equity stake in PointCast Inc., a high-speed Web portal company. Benefits of the deal to PointCast; How the telephone companies are selling Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) services; Issues faced by the parties involved in the...
- Netopia Expands DSL Customer Base With R7200 SDSL Router. // Tele-Service News;Nov99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p6
Provides information on the Netopia R7200 digital subscriber line router from Netopia Inc.
- Netopia Signs Contract With Covad for End-User DSL Routers. // Tele-Service News;Dec99, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p2
Reports that Netopia Inc. has singed a 14-month agreement to supply Covad Communications, the leading digital subscriber line (DSL) broadband services provider, with DSL routers for end-users in the United States.
- Bonding enhances DSL value. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;07/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plans of Netopia to add to its IDSL (digital subscriber line over ISDN) routers a DSL bonding capability. Benefits of IDSL bonding; Information on bonding functionality; Plan of Netopia to introduce bonding for other DSL.
- Motorola Buys Netopia in $208M Deal. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;11/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 47, p23
The article reports on a definitive merger agreement between Motorola Inc. and Netopia Inc. Under the agreement, Motorola will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Netopia's common stock for $7 per share in cash. If the agreement will be completed, Netopia will become a wholly-owned...
- Netopia: The coming reality. Taylor, Bart; Taylor, Dan // Communications News;May2000, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p80
Applauds the transition made by Netopia Inc. from network equipment company to provide application software products. Components of Netopia's digital subscriber line (DSL) offerings; Purpose of the Netopia Virtual Office application software released in 1998; Role of DSL in the growth of...
- Digital Devices >> Netopia speeds DSL connections. Gaskin, James E. // Inter@ctive Week;09/18/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p68
Evaluates Netopia R3100-I, a router for digital subscriber line services from Netopia Incorporated. Its price; Features; Pros and cons.