PROFITABLE, NOT 'PALATABLE'
- OUR SAY: BY DANIELLE VELDRE. // B&T Weekly;11/12/2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2497, p32
Criticizes the quality of two television commercials in Australia. Comedy in the commercial of BigPond Broadband; Inadequacies in the filming of the advertisement for a Chanel perfume; Quality of acting provided by artists in the commercials.
- BANG. Sneddon, Ron // AdMedia;Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p54
Examines several TV programs in 2003 and other upcoming shows in New Zealand. Views on the future of TV; Criticisms on several TV programs of various genres; Renovation genres that appeared on TV in 2003.
- Nets add ad innovations. Schneider, Michael; Grego, Melissa // Variety;7/22/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the marketing initiatives of several television networks in the U.S. which were discussed during the Television Critics Association press tour in July 2002. Information on product placement; Consequence if personal video recorders render commercial spots useless.
- CONSIDERED RESPONSE. Milman, Oliver // B&T Magazine;2/6/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2685, p28
An interview with Russel Howcroft, managing director of George Patterson Y&R and a panelist in the Australian television program "The Gruen Transfer," is presented He reveals some changes in his personal life since joining the show and his reaction to criticism of the show. He thinks that...
- Television is much better than its reviews suggest. Alridge, Ron // Electronic Media;10/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p13
Contends that television is much better that the critics make it out to be. Description of the reviews; Lessons which the author learnt from the television industry; Differences between television and other media; Reason television is criticized.
- Looking for family TV? Good luck. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/15/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 19, p4A
The article presents the author's views on television and the absence of family entertainment in its shows.
- TV CRIX' PICKS. // Daily Variety;10/1/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 85, p9
Reports on television critics' rating of TV programs in the United States as of the fourth week of September 2002.
- CRIX IMPACT: FROM CHARM TO HARM. // Daily Variety;7/27/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 19, p23
The article focuses on the effect of the opinions of television (TV) critics on the fate and evolution of a show.
- What the Killers Wanted: an Interview with Mary McNamara. // Yale Literary Magazine;Spring2016, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p60
The article presents an interview with American television critic Mary McNamara who discusses her interests in television criticism.