CBS Eyes New Deals
- Play Ball? // CableFAX Daily;2/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p1
Presents updates on cable television programming in the U.S. as of February 27, 2006. Decision of Cablevision on carrying the SportsNet NY channel; Negotiation of Fred Dressler of Time Warner with the Resort Sports Network; Inclusion of Comcast and Cox in cable operators that declined to carry...
- This is the week to voice your opinion about Cox cable TV. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;6/19/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p14
The article provides update related to communication and technology in Tucson, Arizona. The city of Tucson is asking for opinions from residents before it goes into negotiations to renew its franchise with Cox Communications Inc. Comcast Corp. continues to lead the charge when it comes to...
- Cox, Comcast tout their digital gains. Farrell // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the digital cable installation rates of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. in the United States. Comcast executive John Alchin's projected number of digital subscribers by the end of 1999; Expected number of digital, high-speed data and telephony subscribers at Cox; Data...
- MEDIA. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;11/8/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p23
The article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc. and Comcast Corp. to upgrade their cable systems to give viewers more options, in which Cox has rolled out a new more interactive guide that offers more information about programs while Comcast's new Xfinity has added a whole bunch of...
- CBS and Comcast Sign 10-Year Retrans Agreement. // TV Technology;8/18/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p41
The article reports that a comprehensive, 10-year deal was announced by CBS and Comcast Corp. that offers retransmission consent of the Eye network's television stations until 2020.
- Comcast, Cox strain @Home family. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the decision of Comcast and Cox Communications to strike against partner Excite@Home. Concerns of Comcast and Cox on their move; Comments from Mike Goodman, senior analyst for the Yankee Group.
- Cablers see speedy Web transfers. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p87
Reports the Web transfer of customers to the high-speed networks of cable firms Cox Communications and Comcast Corp. Importance of the transition to retain clients; Completion of the migration of the two companies; Cost of the network transfer construction.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. to participate in World IPv6 Day on June 8, 2011 and the move of Cox Communications Inc. to launch its mobile phone and data services in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- New Services Rise at Comcast, Cox. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the slow down in the stock of cable and television broadcast companies and specifically weaker than expected growth of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. Focus of operators on upselling higher-margin advanced services; Reasons for loss of subscribers by Comcast Corp.;...