TV Land to Tap Tube's First Generation
- MAKING ROOM FOR NEW REALITY. Whipp, Glenn // Daily Variety;6/9/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 45, pA1
The article discusses how new television programs get noticed in the midst of several shows being presented in the U.S. The TV Land is developing its reality programming through its new program, "The Cougar." TV Land executive vice president stated that the title got them noticed. In order to...
- Nick visits the dentist. WEISMAN, JON // Daily Variety;10/7/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the take-up of a 20-episode second season of Michael Eisner's "Glenn Martin, DDS" stop-motion series by Nickelodeon in the U.S. It notes that executive producer Eric Fogel will oversee the animation, along with Sivert Glarum and Michael Jamin as executive...
- Aardman campaign to bring back Morph. Banks, Tom // Design Week (Online Edition);10/31/2013, p1
The article reports that Aardaman Animations is looking for financial and creative backing to bring back "Morp," the popular television adventure series which started in 1977 till the late 90's. The company plans for an all-new Adventures of Morph series which will be broadcast online. They need...
- Alchemy has tonic for market. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;10/9/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 45, p2
The article reports on the plan of television company Alchemy Television Group Ltd. to produce reality television programs in the U.S. in 2008. The company has remarkably revitalized its shows with the emphasis on reality programs to give credit on the daily activities of people. These programs...
- TV Land Pushes Boomer Focus. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;3/26/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p50
The article examines the programming plans of the TV Land cable television network for the 2007-2008 and 2008-2009 television seasons. Programs aimed at the so-called "baby boom" generation are said to be the main focus for the network. Several programs are cited, including "Penny and Cindy," a...
- Caught in sitcom shoot-out. Levin, Gary // Variety;10/14/96 Supplement, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p23
Focuses on television program production in New York City. Television production's recovery; Factors affecting the market; Industry observers' comments.
- THE GREEN LIGHT. // Televisual;Apr2003, p9
Presents news briefs concerning television programs in Great Britain as of April 2003. Inclusion of Brian Waddell Productions' creation of 'Life After Baywatch,' a documentary commissioned by Chris Shaw for Channel 5; Greenlight Media's deal with Top Notch Productions to co-finance and...
- TV: Inhouse laugh-in. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/24/97, Vol. 366 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the trend towards the in-house production of television programs in the United States. Co-production arrangements in the television industry; Plans of major television networks on their new shows; Influence of the star factor in the development of television programs.
- Half-hour all some need to find niche. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Discusses the need for half-hour television shows in the United States to create their own niche. Role of advertisers in half-hour shows; Producers' attempt to develop narrower niches; Emphasis on narrower type of audience.