Charter VOD Ad Trial's Dynamic
- Plenty of good questions, not a lot of answers. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the business strategy of Charter Communications Incorporated. Comparison between finding the right advanced video strategies with running a store according to Richard Yelen, vice president of marketing at Charter; Deployment of video-on-demand services by the firm. INSET: CHARTER...
- Diva hits the mark in L.A. // CED;Jun2000, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p12
Reports the plans of Charter Communications to launch the commercial video-on-demand (VOD) service of Diva in Los Angeles, California. Terms of the deal; Agreement to explore additional VOD roll outs to Charter customers in other markets; Use of Scientific-Atlanta Explorer digital set-tops in...
- Charter Deploys Long-Form VOD Advertising. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p33
Reports on the deployment of iWant More, a long-form advertising category of video-on-demand markets, by Charter Communications Inc. in January 2005. Remarks from Todd Stewart, corporate vice president of national advertising sales and development for Charter Media, on the goal for the...
- Charter Switches On VOD Service. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p56
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Charter Communications Inc. in Pasadena, California.
- Charter's VOD Train Keeps Rolling. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p166
Reports the video-on-demand (VOD) launching by Charter Communications Inc. with Diva Systems Corp. Efforts of the company to reach targeted number of households; Move of the company in using the Motorola Broadband Communications Sector network; Revenue for VOD.
- TECH BRIEFS. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p9
Reports developments related to electronic media as of May 13, 2002 in the U.S. Nature of the companion set-top box of Charter Communications; Figures of the video-on-demand subscription of Starz Encore.
- Ready, Set, Launch. Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p28
Reports on the deployment of the video-on-demand service by Charter Communications in the U.S. as of October 2002. VOD launches planned by the company by the end of 2002; Significance of the VOD unit to the company's operation; Marketing strategies adopted for VOD deployment.
- Charter could exit CableLabs. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
Reports the decision to allow Charter Communications to pullout from CableLabs. Confirmation of the report from CableLab officials; Amount of monthly dues for subscribers; Comment of Charter spokesman Dave Anderson.
- Surprise--Charter,s Really a Streaming Bull. Stump, Matt; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p16
Reports the business plans of Charter Communications Inc. in the United States. Competition between Charter and ESPN in operator-programmer tiff over streaming video; Software deal between Charter and Liberate Technologies Inc.; Comparison between technological and business issues. INSET:...