TWC Hits Snags in L.A
- Vivendi Wants More Credit for USA. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p31
Focuses on the business strategies of Vivendi Universal S.A. , a cable network in the United States. Plan of Vivendi to consolidate with USA Networks Inc.; Reaction of investors on the stock prices of Vivendi; Amount offered by Vivendi to finance media operations.
- Ops are Calling Call Centers Profit Centers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategies envisioned by cable operators to meet the expected growth of demands for cable industry installations in the United States. Proposal to monitor customer call centers of every company; Plan to ensure proper funding for call center upgrades; Emphasis on cost cutting.
- Operators Try to Get Creative. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p16
Reports the strategic plans of cable operators to attain growth in the cable industry in the United States. Plan of having dish buy-back programs; Provision of greater incentives for sales agents; Elimination of cable thefts.
- MSOs Working on Move-Referral Plan. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p30
Focuses on the decision of multiple-systems operators to fund a study on structuring an industry-wide customer-move referral program. Vulnerability of cable subscribers to direct-broadcast satellite dish purchases during a move; Importance of integrating customer billing and database software;...
- Time Warner off and running in San Diego. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p21
Announces the launching of RoadRunner cable modem service in San Diego, California by Time Warner. Customized with local content, including multimedia versions of local Web sites.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.
- The Great Node Hunt:. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p2
The article reports on the claims that Time Warner Cable Inc. is offering $50 to its employees in Houston, Texas for every one AT&T VRAD located. VRAD are cabinets on the street that let AT&T deliver fiber and copper to the home. The campaign is similar to Cox's ID-A-DISH program in Northern...
- TIME WARNER CABLE DESERT CITIES LAUNCHES HISPANIC-TARGETED DIGITAL VIDEO PACKAGE. // Public Record (0744205X);11/23/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p16
The article reports the launch for El Paquetazo, a Hispanic- and English-language cable television, by Time Warner Cable Desert Cities in Coachella Valley, Banning, and the Morongo Basin, California.
- TW cable: Tiers, cheers and jeers. Dempsey, John // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on Time Warner's announcement of the addition of 11 channels to a $1.95-a-month cable television tier beginning fall 1997 in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn in New York City.