Comcast, Verizon Might Peek at RCN
- DEALS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the ongoing auction of the Herndon, Virginia-based RCN Corp., an overbuilder where potential suitors have dropped out of the race. Two of the potential buyers, Verizon Communication Inc. and Comcast Corp. are not anymore included in the process. In addition, two other...
- Verizon, Comcast Top EPS. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/23/2014, pA01
8 The No. 1 cellphone carrier topped views by a hair as
- Video Firms Vie for School Subs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p31
The article focuses on the efforts of broadband providers Verizon Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and RCN Corp. to promote their services to students in the U.S. The companies aim to solicit their business as video and high-speed Internet consumers. Tom Orzo, group manager for the New England...
- TALKBACK. // Multichannel News;1/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the previous issues including "The Bauminator: Will Verizon Unleash a Virtual MSO?" in the January 21, 2014 issue and ""Comcast Sets Plans for New Taller Tower in Philly" in the January 14, 2014 issue.
- AT&T won't bid for Vodafone. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/28/2014, pA02
The U.S. wireless giant ruled out a bid for
- At Telecom '05: Olive Branches For Muni Nets? // Telecom Policy Report;10/31/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the panel discussion on municipal broadband networks during the U.S. Telecom Association conference and exhibit held in October 2005 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Policy position preferred by Verizon Communications, according to Eric Fitzgerald Reed, director of market issues and policy of...
- Comcast, Verizon get app happy. // CED;Aug2009, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the business strategy of Comcast Corp. and Verizon in the mobile handset market in the U.S. It says that Comcast has offered triple-plat subscribers a free mobile application that can be downloaded to an iPhone or iPod Touch via Apple Inc.'s App Store. Meanwhile, Verizon...
- The New Telecom Economy. // Business NH Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p52
The article reports developments in the telecommunication industry in New Hampshire. Telephone and cable companies and independent telecommunication enterprises are entering mergers and acquisitions in order to race in creating the fastest and most reliable network. The first provider of digital...
- Verizon Bill Moves in Del. // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p31
The article reports that cable operators have withdrawn their opposition against a Delaware bill that would deregulate Verizon Communication's competitive telecommunications services. According to the article cable operators withdrew their opposition on the bill after Verizon agreed to...