CMT Sets 'Miss America' Affiliate Blitz
- CMT pushes for ad dollars. Washkuch, Frank // DM News;4/19/2010, p6
The article reports that country music cable network CMT has launched an advertising campaign entitled "140 million Americans get country. Do you?" for consumer awareness on electronic-mail marketing in the U.S.
- NEW CAMPAIGNS: THE WORLD. // Campaign;1/12/2007, Issue 1, p26
The article presents information about new television advertising campaigns from across the world. The advertising campaign, called "The power of one" has been launched by Country Music Television Network to encourage people to put their skills to use in the service of their local communities....
- A Different Kind of Greek Lesbian. Peoples, Katie // Curve;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p61
The article features Dilshad Vadsaria and her role as Rebecca Logan in the teenage television show "Greek." Vadsaria plays Logan, a spoiled teenager who straight until she kissed an older woman at a bachelorette party. Vadsaria worked in order to pay for her school. She also appeared in a...
- DATELINE. // MediaWeek;5/5/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p5
This article presents news related to advertising and media. The ABC Family television network will be trying new commercial retention strategies for the 2008-09 season, including the use of short-form content initiatives. "People" magazine will partner with the Country Music Channel television...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;12/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p46
The article offers news briefs related to the entertainment industry. Cablevision Systems Corp. has filed against the ruling of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the banning of set-top boxes with integrated security functions. Fox News Channel has completed another multiyear...
- There She Goes, Miss America. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/2/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the decision of television network CMT not to broadcast the annual beauty pageant Miss America. The network's contract gave it the right to televise the pageant through 2011. According CMT executive vice president and general manager Brian Philips, the decision was made to...
- Newswire. // Brandweek;4/30/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 18, p14
The article presents various news briefs relating to the advertising and marketing industry. Land O' Frost luncheon meats is partnering with Disney in a promotional contest that would allow young consumers a chance to sing with a pop group featured on Disney's compilation cd "DisneyMania 5." The...
- CMT Gets Animated With New Comedy. // Multichannel News;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that Country Music Television Network (CMT) will expand its country/reality music-themed programming into animation with the launch of its new television (TV) program "Bounty Hunters" in 2013.
- New tricks for 'Dog' at CMT. Marechal, AJ // Daily Variety;9/26/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 61, p4
The article reports that Country Music Television Network (CMT) has ordered 10 hour episodes of the television program "Dog the Bounty Hunter."