Verizon Gets Deal Done in D.C. Suburb
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;9/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 188, p1
The article reports on the unanimous approval for a video franchise in Fairfax County, Virginia gained by Verizon on September 26, 2005. Fairfax County becomes that largest jurisdiction to approve a franchise for a telecommunication company. Coverage of the franchise is stated. Verizon plans to...
- Mediation Ethics for the Franchise Lawyer And Business Executive. Pressman, Arthur L.; Block, Bradley S. // Franchising World;Jul2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p32
The article discusses mediation ethics for the franchise lawyer and business executive. The author reports that mediation programs have proliferated in recent years. He asserts that meeting with a mediator is more than showing up. He warns that lawyers and their clients can engage in bad faith...
- PALMETTO GRANTS NINTH FIOS TV FRANCHISE IN FLORIDA. // RBOC Update;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that a Verizon franchise will be located in Palmetto city, Florida. The City Commission has agreed to award a franchise for Verizon to provide FiOS television products through its digital all-fiber network. The franchise will benefit over 13,000 residents and will allow over...
- PORT RICHE WILL OFFER VERIZON FIOS TV IN 2007. // RBOC Update;Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the launch of Verizon FiOS television in Port Richey, Florida. The city council approved for a franchise of Verizon in the city that will provide the television products. The franchise will serve more than 3,000 residents and will provide video services to over 1.8 million...
- Renewing the Battle over TV Service. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;3/6/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the move of Verizon Communications Inc. to support a legislation introduced in the New Jersey Senate which will abolish the need for cable TV companies to seek town-by-town franchise approval to hook up customers. Legislators who sponsored the legislation; Information on cable TV...
- Verizon Gets Fla. Franchise. Haugstead, Linda // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p12
Reports that Verizon Communications Inc. has negotiated its sixth competitive cable franchise with the city of Temple Terrace, Florida. Terms of the deal; Information on the programming agreements made by Verizon; Information on other franchise of Verizon.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;3/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p2
Reports on Verizon's video franchise which was granted in Schwenksville, Pennsylvania. Announcement for Internet Protocol (IP) box interoperability; Information on how the IP boxes will be sold.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;2/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p2
Reports on the decision of Verizon's FiOS TV to roll out to Beaumont, California, on February 7, 2006. Other place where the company plans to expand; Municipality that has granted a local franchise agreement to Verizon.
- VERIZON IS HAVING TROUBLE WINNING CABLE TV FRANCHISES IN NEW YORK. DOES IT DESERVE A BETTER SHOT? // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p13
The article presents information on an online opinion poll which focused on the chances of winning cable television franchises in New York, by Verizon Communications Inc. Almost half of the respondents say that the company should be given a statewide franchise to offer cable service. However,...