L.A. Consumers Sue Time Warner Cable
- Local, Local, Local. // CableFAX Daily;1/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television in the U.S. as of January 2006. Schedule of a public hearing concerning the Verizon-sponsored state-franchising bill made by the New Jersey Senate Economic Growth Committee; Effort of Time Warner to settle class-action lawsuits by...
- AMC REELS 'EM IN. Martin, Denise; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the programming deal engineered by AMC Entertainment Inc. spending around $80 million for 22 theatrical movies from Warner Bros. Inc. in the U.S. Competition faced by AMC with top 10 cable operators, which owe much of their success to theatrical movie ratings; Lawsuit filed by Time...
- Time Warner off and running in San Diego. // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p21
Announces the launching of RoadRunner cable modem service in San Diego, California by Time Warner. Customized with local content, including multimedia versions of local Web sites.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.
- The Great Node Hunt:. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 184, p2
The article reports on the claims that Time Warner Cable Inc. is offering $50 to its employees in Houston, Texas for every one AT&T VRAD located. VRAD are cabinets on the street that let AT&T deliver fiber and copper to the home. The campaign is similar to Cox's ID-A-DISH program in Northern...
- TIME WARNER CABLE DESERT CITIES LAUNCHES HISPANIC-TARGETED DIGITAL VIDEO PACKAGE. // Public Record (0744205X);11/23/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p16
The article reports the launch for El Paquetazo, a Hispanic- and English-language cable television, by Time Warner Cable Desert Cities in Coachella Valley, Banning, and the Morongo Basin, California.
- TW cable: Tiers, cheers and jeers. Dempsey, John // Variety;08/25/97, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on Time Warner's announcement of the addition of 11 channels to a $1.95-a-month cable television tier beginning fall 1997 in Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn in New York City.
- TW talk. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/94, Vol. 124 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the affiliation deal between Multimedia Inc.'s The Talk Channel with Time Warner Cable multiple system cable operator.
- Time Warner reins in rate hikes. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/19/98, Vol. 128 Issue 43, p60
Details the cable television rate hike of Time Warner company. Criticism of the rate hike from the United States government; Comments from Time Warner Chairman Gerald Levin on the rate increase; Other operator that implies moderate rate increases.