- SOS: Save our subs. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/19/97, Vol. 127 Issue 21, p50
Focuses on the customer retention efforts of the cable television industry. Expansion into telecommunication services; Response to the increasing competition over video services; Comcast Corp.'s pilot program in Detroit, Michigan; Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) marketing programs; Slowdown in...
- The Consequences of Content Pricing. ZAGER, MASHA // Rural Telecom;May/Jun2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses how smaller telecommunication and cable companies are preparing customers for increased rates given the increased power of broadcast stations in dictating retransmission consent fees with no negotiating actually going on. Topic discussed include efforts of most telcos to...
- Attention, Shoppers. Booth, Stephen A. // Adweek Western Edition;06/14/99, Vol. 49 Issue 24, SPECIAL REPORT: CABLE p28
Discusses how consumers will benefit from telecommunications industry mergers in the United States. Ratings of cable carriers; Lower product prices; Instant gratification in electronic commerce products; Examples of mergers.
- What Price Wars? // CableFAX Daily;5/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 88, p2
Reports on an argument by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association against the claims by telecommunication executives that their entry into video will result in lower prices for consumers. Possible increase in the average cable subscription for Project Lightspeed of AT&T; Remarks...
- On Data Front, Service Makes the Difference. Frey, Rod // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the competition in the telecommunications marketplace for Internet customers in 2005. Differences between cable and its competitors; Strategies required for cable companies to compete in the industry; Factors that enhance customer experience.
- Cable's Still Got a Long Way to Go. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Highlights issues and developments relating to the United States cable television industry, recent as of February 2001. War of tactics over a potential Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis boxing fight; Cartoon Network series 'Time Squad'; 'The Sopranos,' on HBO; Customer complaints against...
- GOLD SYSTEMS DEVELOP VOICE-VOICE RECOGNITION FOR ALLCONNECT. // Audiotex Update;Jun2005, p6
The article presents information according to which Gold Systems Inc. has introduced Voice-XML self-service speech recognition applications for Allconnect Inc. Allconnect helps movers quickly and conveniently establish power, telephone, Internet, cable television and other home services all at...
- Ode to the cable guy. O'Shea., Dan // Telephony;9/9/96, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the problems commonly encountered by customers of cable television companies in the United States. Chicago Cable TV; Customer service.
- On time, only more so. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 49, p57
Reports that the United States cable industry is enhancing its On-Time Customer Service Guarantee (OTG), an industrywide customer service initiative developed by CTAM and NCTA. Cable television services; Rates; Baseline initiatives; Remarks from Decker Anstrom, NCTA president.