THIS JUST IN
- EchoStar family tier not retailer-friendly. Zeithchik, Steven // Daily Variety;2/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 24, p23
The article examines the stipulation in the new offering of EchoStar Communications Corp. with retailers in the U.S. The new offering focuses on children, news and educational programming. One of the provisions deducts 100 dollars from the 300 dollars retailers paid for selling the system to a...
- Si TV Adds Backing. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the plan of Si TV distributors EchoStar Communications Corp. and Time Warner Inc. to put money behind the new English-language Latino-themed network. Amount of funding of Si TV; List of investors at Si TV; Number of households in the U.S. that tuned in to Si TV.
- THE B&C. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/27/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 13, p10
Focuses on stock performance of several television broadcasting companies in the U.S. from March 17 to 23, 2006. Cablevision; Echostar; Time Warner.
- EchoStar beams local-into-local. Colman, Price; Albiniak, Paige; Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p3
States that in January 1998, EchoStar Communications Corporation beamed broadcast local signals into the markets of four of their affiliated broadcasting companies. What cities signals were broadcast in; Identity of other cities where local signals will be broadcast in February; Percentage of...
- EchoStar still trying to ink retrans deals. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the efforts of EchoStar Inc. to cut retransmission consent agreements. Deal signed with WFTC television station; Termination of delivery of four local signals in four markets.
- EchoStar sharpens ax for costly nest. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 50/51, p6
Reports on satellite broadcaster, EchoStar Communications Corp.'s plan to drop television channels that do not earn broadcasting profits. Reason behind EchoStar's plan; Other broadcasters that followed the programming policy of EchoStar.
- With War Looming, Arabic Networks See an Opening. Figler, Andrea; Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the opening of Arabic television networks in March 2003 in the face of the U.S. war against Iraq. Negotiation of Middle East Broadcasting Centre with EchoStar Communications; Information on the network Al Arabia; Overview of the plan of Qatar-based Al Jazeera to launch an...
- EchoStar Adds Discovery HDTV Channel To DISH Net. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports the addition of the Discovery High Definition (HD) Theater channel into the DISH Network programming lineup of EchoStar Communications Corp. in Littleton, Colorado. Availability of the HDTV channel 24 hours a day; Format of the programming; Agreement between Discovery Channel and cable...
- TW's all-news baby rattles market. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;01/05/98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the growth of Bay News 9, the 24-hour local news channel launched in Tampa, Florida by Time Warner in October 1997. Discussions with Hearst-Argyle's affiliate WWWB to provide television station with a local newscast of its own; Media buyers' uncertainty that channel will be able to...