Satellite Firms in Keyword Clash
- It's DBS vs. DBS in suit. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the laws it filed by direct broadcast satellite television station EchoStar Communications Corp. against DirecTV Inc. in what experts call a battle for market share. Charges leveled against DirecTV; DirecTV's response to the accusations and counter charges against EchoStar; Comments...
- Marketing muscle. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;02/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 45, p4
Reports on United States-based satellite television company EchoStar's lawsuit against competitor DirecTV. Case background.
- DirecTv Fires Back At EchoStar Suit. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/27/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the lawsuits filed against each other by United States-based satellite television companies DirecTV and EchoStar as of March 27, 2000. Case background; Lawsuits' allegations.
- Dish dealer drama. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the antitrust lawsuit filed by Echostar Communications Corp. against direct broadcast satellite firm, DirecTV Inc. Exclusive deals with consumer electronic retailers as the center of the rivalry; Background of how the legal conflict started.
- Dish Vs. Dish: DirecTV Sues EchoStar Back. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p1
Announces the move of DirecTV to file a countersuit against EchoStar Communications Corp. in March 2000. Details of the lawsuit filed by EchoStar against DirecTV in February 2000; Argument of DirecTV in response to EchoStar allegations of antitrust violations and monopolistic violation practices.
- DirecTV drops false-ad suit. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;6/30/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 61, p4
Reports on the decision of News Corp.'s satellite television service DirecTV Inc. to withdraw a false-advertising lawsuit against EchoStar Communications Corp. in Los Angeles, California.
- BIRDS TRY TO PARRY MUST-CARRY. Dempsey, John // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, p54
Reports that satellite television (TV) firms DirecTV and EchoStar have sued the United States government over the must carry rule that requires satellite broadcasters to distribute the signals of every TV station in a given area by 2002. Number of TV stations EchoStar and DirecTV must carry by...
- Deathstar's demise. Levine, Shira // Telephony;05/19/97, Vol. 232 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the two lawsuits filed by EchoStar against News Corp. Allegations of both suits; Lawsuits as an indication that the pending alliance between the two is dead; Both companies' announcement of its intention to search for new partners.
- EchoStar seeks judgment. // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on EchoStar's lawsuit against News Corporation where EchoStar made a request to the United States District Court judge, in Colorado, that relates to the proposed merger between itself and News Corporation. What request is; Circumstances surrounding lawsuit against News Corporation;...