NTL Backs Away From ITV Buyout Effort
- U.K.'s ITV Nixes NTL's $8.9B First Offer. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p35
The article reports on the rejection of NTL Cable's deal to purchase ITV Corp. in Great Britain. According to the statement released by ITV, the $8.9 billion deal was rejected because the board of directors believe that the visible appeal of NTL is to gain full control of all the substantial and...
- ITV must do more than merely win the ratings war. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/24/2000, Issue 47, p20
Reports the performance target of ITV in Great Britain. Effect of ambitious performance target on ITV; Measures on handling managing decline; Competition between ITV and BBC.
- ITV rejects Branson merger offer. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/28/2006, Vol. 397 Issue 9, p120
The article reports on ITV's rejection of NTL's cash and stock merger offer in November 2006. According to ITV, there is "no strategic logic" or financial upside to the deal for ITV shareholders. ITV's board met on November 27, 2006 and has concluded that the merger offer from NTL "materially...
- ITV nixes NTL's bid for b'caster. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;11/22/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the rejection of NTL's merger offer by ITV, Blighty's biggest private terrestrial broadcaster in Great Britain. According to ITV's statement, there was "little, if any, strategic logic" in merging with the cable combo, adding that NTL's offer of Â£1.05 per share plus new...
- U.K.'s ITV, NTL sked merger talks. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;11/10/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 30, p6
The article reports that ITV Corp. and NTL Inc. in Great Britain are planning to merge in 2007 that will rebrand as Virgin Media. ITV needs to sort out its program schedule and advertising business, while NTL is digesting the recent merger with Telewest and repositioning itself as a senior...
- ITV must act early to gain advertiser trust over merger. Smith, Craig // Marketing (00253650);10/17/2002, p17
Comments on the issues related to the business plans of ITV Corp. and McDonald's Corp. in Great Britain. Benefits for the merger between Granada company and Carlton company; Opposition to the proposed consolidation by advertisers; Risk on the marketing campaigns of McDonald's Corp.
- New media looking to traditional media for freshest talent. Darby, Ian // Campaign;8/3/2007, Issue 31, p14
The article presents the author's comment on the impact of traditional media sources on the advertising industry. He argues why new media operators have shown their dependency on traditional media for manpower to effectively increase the revenue performance of business enterprises. He also...
- U.S. shingle part of ITV 5-year plan. // Daily Variety;12/8/2011, Vol. 313 Issue 47, p5
The article reports on the goal of terrestrial web ITV PLC in Great Britain to acquire business in the U.S. as part of its five-year recovery plan.
- Media Industry Profile: United Kingdom. // Media Industry Profile: United Kingdom;Dec2006, p1
Presents a profile of the Media industry in the United Kingdom. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the...