'Johnny:' It's Sprite Time
- Avenue Q's under construction. Giltz, Michael // Advocate;9/13/2005, Issue 946, p70
This article features gay actor John Tartaglia. Tartaglia, one of the stars of the musical "Avenue Q," has won audiences over with his performance in the hilarious show. He will make an even bigger audience when "Johnny and the Sprites," a television show he created and stars in, begins airing...
- John Tartaglia. Pienciak, Ryan // People;2/26/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p40
The article profiles puppeteer John Tartaglia, who has worked for the television show "Sesame Street," onstage in "Avenue Q," and in the Disney Channel show "Johnny and the Sprites." In addition to puppeteering, Tartaglia plays the role of Lumiere in the Broadway production of "Beauty and the...
- PUSHY QUESTIONS FOR...John Tartaglia. Tartaglia, John // Daily Variety;7/2/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 64, p7
An interview with John Tartaglia, co-creator, executive producer and star of the television program "Johnny and the Sprites" is presented. When asked on the last book he bought, John says the book "Gnomes," written by Wil Huygen and illustrated by Rien Poortvliet, was the last book he bought,...
- The ballad of John and Tony. Giltz, Michael // Advocate;5/25/2004, Issue 915, p62
For star John Tartaglia, coming out in The Advocate magazine right before his first musical, Avenue Q, opened on Broadway turned out to be the smartest thing he ever did. Indeed, he and the Avenue Q puppet Rod--who is a closeted gay Republican--have become ambassadors of gay understanding. ...
- Muppet boy makes good. Giltz, Michael // Advocate;7/22/2003, Issue 894, p60
The hit play Avenue Q tells a coming-out story in Sesame Street styleâ€” and predicts stardom for out puppeteer John Tartaglia. Opening on Broadway on July 31, Avenue Q is the perfect home for its star John Tartaglia, the 25-year-old who plays two of the show's lead roles. When he was 12,...
- AVENUE Q. Gallo, Phil // Variety;9/12/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 4, p74
Reviews the musical "Avenue Q," starring John Tartaglia and Cole Porter and performed at the Broadway Theater in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 8, 2005.
- 'Avenue Q' rerouted to Broadway. Fisherwood, Charles // Variety;8/4/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 11, p29
Reviews the musical "Avenue Q," by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx, directed by Jason Moore, starring John Tartaglia, Jordan Gelber and Kate Monster.
- From Previous Seasons -- 24 Shows: AVENUE Q. Sagolla, Lisa Jo // Back Stage;9/15/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p32
This article presents information related to various openings for actors and singers in the play "Avenue Q." A sit-down production of this play was opened on September 8 in Las Vegas. Replacement auditions are held on an ongoing basis. At the audition, performers are asked to sing first. Since...
- New tuner takes a cue from 'Q' Hofler, Robert // Variety;10/11/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 8, p72
Provides information on the musical plays "Brooklyn" and "Avenue Q" in New York City. Meaning of the titles of the musicals; Number of actors performing in the musicals; Capital allotted for the musicals.