- The quest for NUMBER ONE. Panckhurst, Paul // AdMedia;Feb2002 50 Years of Advertising, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the history of the television commercial in New Zealand. Impression of the audience on the commercial; Concept of the television commercial; Impact of the television commercial to the audience.
- TELEVISION: The '70s. Staff, Bryan // AdMedia;Feb2002 50 Years of Advertising, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on the introduction of the color television in New Zealand. Impact of the color television to the viewers; Advantages of color television; Effect of television to the children.
- Channel races ahead. // AdMedia;Oct2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p47
Presents information on the all action channel of New Zealand called TAB Trackside. Year of launch of the channel; Operations of the channel; Viewership of the channel; Types of programs broadcast by the channel.
- Purchasing plans & budgets: Going forbread-and-butter products. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the purchasing plans and budgets of television (TV) broadcasting stations for the year 2001. Details on the final purchasing decision of TV station reader for facilities houses; Annual budget of the TV stations; Intention of TV station readers to acquire switcher and router equipments.
- French turn off the tube. Gaouette, Nicole // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 238, p1
Reports that people in France are increasingly turning off their televisions for other pursuits. Number of people that stopped watching television in the first four months of 1997; Demographic groups leading the charge against television; Debate about the social influence of television; How...
- Las Vegas TV Stations. // Las Vegas Business Press;Book of Lists 2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p25
Presents a chart depicting the leading television stations in Las Vegas, Nevada as of December 2000. Rank of Keen TV from America One (network) as the top tv station; Average audience share of each station; Number of local employees.
- In ITV Deployments, Less Can Be More. Huffman, Wes // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the technique to make interactive television (ITV) more feasible for television viewers. Approach to be followed in deploying ITV; Solutions to the problems faced by cable operators in deploying ITV; Need for having simple ITV solutions; Problem of interactive content availability to...
- Kids' TV viewing habits. // Australia's Parents;Nov95, Issue 89, p89
Reports on the television viewing habits of children. Parents' worry about violence in what children view; Children's preference for comedy and cartoons; Dislike for news programs.
- Viewer passion goes out of fashion. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;10/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p2
Focuses on attempts made to save high-quality low-rated television programs in the United States, while stating that membership of the Viewers for Quality Television has decreased. Identification of such television programs; Reference to fraternity houses' attempts to save Pauly Shore's...