California Taps Telecom Panel
- Stepping back on 411. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;10/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p10
Comments on a bill signed by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger which aims to protect the privacy of wireless consumers in the state. Plan to create the 411 directory of wireless telephone numbers in the U.S.; Implications of the regulation on wireless carriers in the state; Efforts by...
- Wireless decries CPUC approval of bill of rights. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the opposition of the wireless telecommunications industry to the bill of rights approved by the California Public Utilities Commission for telecom consumers. Reaction of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to the move; Stand of the mobile-phone industry on the approval of a...
- CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR VETOES SCHOOL PESTICIDE BILL. // American School & University;Oct2010, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p58
The article focuses on the disapproval of school pesticide bill by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, as it required Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) to reimburse school districts for costs related to such programs in the U.S.
- WHO'S THE STRONGEST? // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p44
Compares the strength of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger with that of ants and elephants.
- Backlash Measures Target Last-Minute Laws: Jammed Ballot. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the referendums planned in California in 2004. Measures in the signature-gathering phase as of November 2003; State Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenneger's proposals which could be placed on the ballot; Legislative bills targeted by referendum efforts.
- Terminator Triumphs. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;10/27/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the victory of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 2003 gubernatorial elections in California.
- The `barbarian' of Seville. // American Fitness;Sep92, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
Announces that the former `Conan the Barbarian' Arnold Schwarzenegger can be found flexing his leadership strength in Seville, Spain for the Olympic Expo '92. Named Honorary Commissioner for the US Sports Program at the Summer Olympics US Pavillion; Contents of the Pavilion; Scheduling of...
- Tough man, tender heart. Davis, S.O. // Redbook;Sep90, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p84
Profiles actor, producer, real-estate tycoon, and fitness guru Arnold Schwarzenegger, 43, and talks about his film work, marriage to Maria Shriver, 34, and life as the father of a baby girl.
- Untitled. // Business America;7/26/93, Vol. 114 Issue 15/16, p6
Presents a photograph showing American action star Arnold Schwarzenegger receiving a `Certificate of Appreciation' from the Commerce Department in recognition of his dedication to the development of international commerce and American exports.