Fox Makes Business News
- A Different Strategy. Shields, Mike // MediaWeek;11/9/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p14
The aritcle focuses on "Strategy Room," a television news program that is a Webisode broadcast by Fox News. The program is Webcast from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. on weekdays. Ratings for its audience are presented. The program's scheduling is discussed, and a segment where professional wrestler Mick Foley...
- SPOTLIGHT ON: NTN24 "24 Hours a Day, Non-Stop" // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2010, Issue 181, Special Section p27
The article reports on the increasing popularity of the international Spanish-language news channel, NTN24. NTN stands for Nuestra Tele Noticias (Our Television News), and the service is broadcast 24 hours a day. The channel is available in over 20 countries on cable and satellite networks, and...
- Managing Risk, Maximizing Results Part 2: Video Rocks Traditional PR. Minton, Rob; Rutherford, Linda // PR News;3/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p1
The article discusses practices which will help in the investigation of online video labyrinth. The author considers one strategy which will make sure that the infrastructure of corporate Web site can handle videos in online newsrooms. The author recommends to separate video clips in 15- to...
- Quality surfing. Hill, Gary // Quill;Jul95 Special Convention Issue, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p20
Describes broadcast journalism in Minnesota. Innovations include satellite news gathering, Doppler radar warnings and cooperative news ventures; Awards won for investigative journalism by WCCO-TV, KARE-TV and KTCA-TV; WCCO program innovations; Direct digital satellite.
- Letter From The President. Price, Peter O. // Television Week;12/3/2007 Emmy Awards Supplement, Vol. 26, pS2
This section discusses various topics related to news reporting on television.
- Tabloids pull out the checkbook, proudly. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/94, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p42
Discusses the emergence of the checkbook journalism trend in television news magazine programs. Figure skater Tonya Harding's receipt of payment for exclusive interviews with King World's programs `Inside Edition' and `Rolonda Watts'; Competition for stories; Questionable network policies;...
- Local TV News: Journalism on the Run. Saltzman, Joe // USA Today Magazine;May99, Vol. 127 Issue 2648, p53
Focuses on the status of television (TV) broadcasting of news in the United States. Main reasons behind local TV news' poor review; Things that should be done to improve local TV news.
- Report Card Issued on Newscasts. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on the study Project for Excellence in Journalism, which graded the newscasting of several television stations in the United States. Topics included; Results; Newscasts with top gradings.
- No news is bad news. Jones, Arthur // Variety;8/19/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 1, p34
Deals with the expansion made by state-run China Central Television on its news programming. Total number of news program under the company's CCTV-1 channel; Critique of state-run news programs.