Dish Starts Cutting Signals
- EchoStar Fights Court Injunction. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p86
The article provides information on the action taken by EchoStar to address the consequences associated with its failure to secure a stay of injunction from the court. The company needs the injunction to prevent withdrawal of distant network television (TV) service from DISH Network subscribers....
- OUT OF SPACE, ONTO THE GROUND. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p3
Reveals that DirecTV is developing technology that would permit it to combine a wireless communication network on Earth with communications through artificial satellite in order to offer customers high-speed Internet and telephone services. Information on the owner of DirecTV; Possibility that...
- Replace your VCR - with a satellite receiver? Lakos, Robert // Image Technology;May2000, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p12
The article evaluates the DISHPlayer system containing a digital satellite receiver with a hard disk drive for recording TV programs from EchoStar Corporation.
- EchoStar challenges ruling. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p8
Reports the revocation of the license to use Ka-band satellite spectrum for data service of EchoStar Communications Corp. in the U.S. Failure to meet the deadline to begin the satellite construction; Basis of the Federal Communications Commission ruling; Arguments from the satellite's designer...
- EchoStar Launches 7th Satellite. // Multichannel News;2/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p9
Reports the launching of seventh direct-broadcast satellite of EchoStar Communications Corp. in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Reason for the delay of the launching; Supports from Lockheed Martin Corp. and International Launch Services for the construction and launching of the satellite.
- EchoStar's bet on StarBand. // Satellite Broadband;Aug2001, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the increase in equity shares and ownership of Echostar in Starband in 2001. Investment of Echostar in Starband's satellite-delivered Internet service; Commitment of Echostar to launching satellite technology.
- EchoStar battles bird glitches. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;05/25/98, Vol. 128 Issue 22, p50
Reports on problems encountered by EchoStar Communications Corporation's EchoStar IV satellite relating to deploying solar panels. Comments by Judianne Atencio, a spokeswoman for EchoStar; Origin of the problems; Details on EchoStar's original intentions for the satellite.
- More bird troubles for EchoStar. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;07/20/98, Vol. 128 Issue 30, p13
Details the defects of the EchoStar Communications satellites. Defects of the EchoStar IV; Plans of EchoStar for its satellites; Estimated financial losses due to the defects.
- Dishheads. // CableFAX Daily;1/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p2
Presents an outlook for the satellite network services rate of Echostar in 2006. Implication of the possible rate hike for the multichannel industry competition.