New Conductors at Ovation
- Arts cabler Ovation aims to up standing. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/4/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 45, p32
The article reports the appointment of Kris Slava and Deborah Cuffaro as senior vice presidents of programming and production and advertising sales respectively by Ovation. The move comes as the company, which has only 5.3 million subscribers, plans a relaunch with a fresh influx of cash from...
- Ovation Hires Programming Chief. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 48, p3
The article discusses the hiring of a new programming chief by the Ovation channel. Ovation, a television channel backed by the Weinstein Co. hired Kris Slava, the current digital chief at Bravo. The author notes Hubbard Media took control of Ovation in an attempt to overhaul its programming and...
- People. // CableFAX Daily;3/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 62, p3
Presents updates on several executives in the cable industry in the U.S. as of March 2006. Selection of Dan Riess as the vice president of marketing of Turner's new products group; Appointment of Kris Slava as the vice president of digital content and acquisitions at Bravo; Recruitment of...
- LOBBYING WORLD. // Hill;1/14/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p15
The article announces career developments in the U.S. including the employment of Kara Calvert at Franklin Square Group, the inclusion of Jonathan Mantz to the BGR Group and the Richard Prince as vice president of Advanced Medical Technology Association.
- Managerial Career Coaching. Randolph, A. Benton // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on career development coaching by managers. Career discussions between managers and their subordinates; Goal of general managers to help people develop the skills and knowledge needed to reach business objectives.
- You Want Me To Do What? Jones, Pamela R.; Kaye, Beverly; Taylor, Hugh R. // Training & Development Journal;Jul81, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p56
Examines the roles of managers as career coaches for their subordinates. Dual responsibilities of managers; Traditional roles of human resource development departments; Critical competencies; Elements of mentorship programs.
- How Executive Learn: the Move From Glitz to Guts. Bolt, James F. // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p83
Discusses methods for the education and training of executives. Costs associated with management education; Experiential learning; Feedback on management style. INSET: Eight Tips for Designing New Methods of Executive Education.
- FACES. // PC FAB;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Reports career developments of executives in printed circuit board industry in the U.S. Appointment of Jay Grover as president of Neltec Inc.; Selection of Dale Lee as product marketing manager of Valor Computerized Systems; Election of Benoit Pouliquen as president and chief executive officer...
- PEOPLE. // Orange County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p54
Presents career developments of various executives in Orange County, California. Appointment of Robert Beaulieu, senior vice president of Harbor National Bank; Selection of Ted Bremner, manager of the Union Bank of California; Promotion of Ken Schmitz, chief strategy officer of Strata-Media Inc.