CNBC Touts Its Own Site
- IN THE LOOP. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/7/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p6
Presents information on developments related to the U.S. broadcasting industry as of April 7, 2003. Announcement of a legislation to set aside federal funds for a child-development study; Deal signed by the U.S.-based companies Warner Brothers and National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC); Privilege...
- News powered NBC's early days. Frank, Reuven // Electronic Media;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p16
Focuses on the history of the establishment of the NBC television network in the United States. Organization of NBC TV and radio news; Coverage of the Korean War by 'The Camel News Caravan,' the main newscast on TV; Development of network TV in time for the 1948 political conventions.
- RADIO. // Time;10/5/1983, Vol. 122 Issue 15, p33
The article reports that National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC) has released a six-page technical instructions on how to eliminate the mysterious broadcast interruptions coming from its Station W2XBS at the Empire State Building in New York City.
- NBC loses NAB board seat. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;03/06/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 1, p8
Reports that National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) has lost its seat on the board of the National Association of Broadcasters after failing to pay the dues for WNBC, its owned-and-operated station in New York.
- Sharing the gold. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the local advertising time given by NBC to its local affiliates during the Winter Olympics coverage in the U.S. Promotion of the company on its broadcast ratings; Background of the spot-shifting scheme; Views shared by Post-Newsweek Chief Alan Frank on the strategy.
- Planning ahead. K.K. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the relevance of network news planning in the U.S. Inference to the strategy employed by NBC; Distinction of the robotic camera installed in the network; Guidelines for its application.
- Centralized but local, too. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;2/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on the centracasting strategy employed by NBC on its affiliated television station in the U.S. Specifications of the system; Allocations of the technological innovations applied on its hub sites; Operations background.
- NBC AT GROUND ZERO. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the distinction of robotic camera control system installed by NBC to cover ground zero pictures for NBC and MSNBC in Manhattan, New York.
- Time is now for NBC to innovate. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/09/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p18
Encourages National Broadcasting Co. Inc. to innovate in order to thrive within the competitive broadcasting industry in the United States. Overview on the company's digitization and centralization efforts; Suggestion for the company to strike strategic alliances and make strategic...