ESPN Goes Deep In Europe
- ESPN'S IN EURO GAME. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;12/6/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 47, p12
The article reports that the Disney-owned ESPN has purchased NASN, the European channel specializing in live broadcasts of major American sports. The terms of the agreement between the Mouse House and NASN's owners including Setanta Sports and Benchmark Capital Europe were not disclosed. NASN...
- ESPN BOWS 'TV EVERYWHERE' HOW-TO VIDEO. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article offers information on a promotional spot aired by ESPN which explains how authenticated viewers can watch repurposed sports programming on laptops, tablets and related portable media devices.
- ESPN's hare-raising Ryder Cup deal recalled. Verdi, Bob // Golf World;2/22/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p56
The author reflects on the deal of ESPN, a television network, to broadcast the Ryder Cup matches at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. He comments on the re-entry of the network into the sport that once covered the Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour. The author states...
- ESPN collates content to create major sports portal. // New Media Age;8/6/2009, p06
The article focuses on the campaign of sports network ESPN for ESPN.co.uk following its purchase of Premier League rights in Great Britain in 2009. The media campaign for ESPN.co.uk will include contents from ESPNsoccernet as well as from ESPNcricinfo. ESPN aims to put additional content to the...
- ESPN sets records for following USA. Bauder, David // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/25/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 149, p12
The article reports on the claims of ESPN that its website streaming of the World Cup victory of USA against Algeria has garnered 1.1 million viewers in New York.
- A JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SPORTS. Broderick, Matthew // Boys' Life;Jun2013, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses sports channel ESPN's production of "SportsCenter" television (TV) show and narrates the global meeting for the day's coverage, the "SporstCenter" staff meeting, and the activities at the ESPN Newsroom.
- No scholarships, no TV--Kean U. No.3 in preseason poll. Legman, Lois // New York Amsterdam News;11/13/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p46
The article reports on Kean University in Union, New Jersey, which was ranked as the third in the USA Today Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) Division III Top 25 Coaches Poll. Starting point guard Ebony Jackson said that the team will not get big heads over the lofty...
- ABC Affils Air Their Ire. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;2/8/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article focuses on the anger felt by affiliates of American Broadcasting Companies (ABC) because television network ESPN has been allowed to broadcast live sports events that they were initially supposed to broadcast.
- Vanderbilt Gets Game Day Telecast. Wynn, Ron // Tennessee Tribune;8/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p7B
The article reports on ESPN's College Basketball GameDay which will be telecast from the Vanderbilt University's Memorial Gym on February 11, 2011.