Zaslav: For Niche Players, It's All About the Brand
- Discovery pushes more content. Francis, Leithen // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;1/10/2003, p12
Reports on the introduction of additional hours of content by Discovery Networks Asia to improve its programming. Reasons behind the introduction of additional hours; Strategy adopted by company to focus on theme based programs; Decision to increase broadcasting of programs; Plans of the...
- Discovery doubles ops. // Daily Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of the Discovery Network to venture into digital broadcasting and improve its infrastructural operations in India.
- Media: Profile - O'Neill puts faith in a 'brighter' shade of green. Sudhaman, Arun // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;12/14/2007, p85
The article profiles Eileen O' Neill, president and general manager of Planet Green channel launched by Discovery Communication Inc. O' Neill attempts to present Planet Green as the first major global television channel to focus on green issues. She reports directly to new Discovery chief...
- Discovery offers glimpse at use of TiVo. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p14
Focuses on Discovery Communications' plans for the personalized television service called TiVo. Chance for TiVo subscribers to choose and record their favorite Discovery programs; Utilization of guides customized for specific networks.
- Discovery's TV center is global port. Paxman, Andrew // Variety;06/08/98, Vol. 371 Issue 5, pM18
Discusses the success of the Discovery Networks Latin America, a Latin American cable television programmer. People responsible for the success of the company; Channels that joined the Discovery; Competitors of the company's programs.
- A unique view of TV. Hils, Miriam // Variety;05/26/97 Supplement, Vol. 367 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the 1997 Cologne Conference & Media Forum scheduled on June 6-11, in Berlin, Germany. Television programs to be introduced in the festival; Comments from festival topper Lutz Hachmeister; Issues affecting the German television industry to be addressed at the seminars; Festival...
- Reality bites hard in Germany. Hansen, Eric // Variety;5/30/94, Vol. 355 Issue 5, p33
Discusses the challenge facing the television broadcasting industry in Nordhein-Westphalia (NRW), Germany. Cologne Conference & Media Forum convention; Announced closure of info-entertainment web Vox; Caution and bullishness from NRW's interior affairs minister Wolfgang Clement; Financial...
- Cologne Conference coming into its own. Hansen, Eric // Variety;5/30/94, Vol. 355 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the annual Media Forum conference in Nordrhein-Westphalia, germany, otherwise known as Cologne Conference. Major growth potential of the conference; Workshops; Screening of internationally produced telepictures.
- Ten years of rapid change. Moore, Martin // TVB Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p40
Assesses the changes of marketing operation in the broadcast and post production industry in Europe. Development of component analogue camcorder formats; Creation of geNETics hardware; Growth of multichannel television broadcasting by satellite.