All-Stars Shine at Hall of Fame
- From 'Pariah' to Prestige Player. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p36
This article discusses issues related to the Emmy Awards. The author says that there's a hot and heavy love affair going on these days between the cable industry and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Arts & Sciences. A band of 18 cable networks romanced their way past the broadcast...
- Television Tightrope: How I Escaped Hitler, Survived CBS and Fathered Viacom. Cohen, George // Booklist;3/1/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 13, p55
Reviews the book â€œTelevision Tightrope: How I Escaped Hitler, Survived CBS and Fathered Viacom,â€ by Ralph Baruch, and Lee Roderick.
- Business Leaders and Philanthropists of the Past. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2009, p1044
A list of notable U.S. business leaders and philanthropists is presented, including Walter Annenberg, Philip D. Armour, and George Eastman.
- The start of start-ups. Ferriolo, Shayn // Catalog Age;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p83
Presents the experiences of the founders of United States-based catalog firms in starting up their own business. Conscious decision of Harbor Farm president Richard McWilliams not to use outside capital; Bas Bleu owner Eleanor Edmonson's process of fine-tuning her catalog; Tips of Star Struck...
- Charting HBO's digital future. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 41, p89
Profiles Home Box Office senior vice president for technology operations Robert Michael Zitter. Career background; Interest in television technology; Job description.
- JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT HONORS SENIORS STARS. // Inventors' Digest;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p14
A list of the 2007 U.S. Business Hall of Fame laureates is presented. The list includes Harold Boeschenstein, chairman and chief executive officer of Owens-Corning Fiberglass Corp., Ted Turner, chairman of Turner Enterprises, Inc., and John Schnatter, founder and executive chairman of Papa...
- Issuers Find New Way to Sell Securities. // SCOR Report;Oct2001, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the use of the self-underwritten SB-2 strategy by entrepreneurs to sell securities in the U.S. as of October 2001.
- People. // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p34
Presents information business people in the United States. Description of Albert Hsu's position at Xerox Corporation since his attachment to the company; Details on Alan Altschuler's position in the Doris Duke Foundation in New York; Information on Anne M. St. Clair's promotion in Montell USA...
- Executive desicion. Phillips, Debra // Entrepreneur;Jun98, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the leadership skills of entrepreneurs in the United States, highlighting research on leadership skills conducted by Hagberg Consulting Group. Comparison of skills among older and younger entrepreneurs; Comment from Richard Hagberg, head of Hagberg Consulting; Examination of...