QVC Credit Spurs Speculation
- 1st Bank buyback ban no policy shift. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;2/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 21, p22
Focuses on bank share repurchases as regulated by the US Securities & Exchange Commission. Bank mergers followed by repurchases; Agency decisions and policy shifts; Purchase of treasury stock.
- Corporate Repurchase of Stock and the SEC Rules: An Overview. Malley, Robert J. // Business Lawyer;Nov73, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p117
Presents an overview of the corporate repurchase of stock and the rules of Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States. Manipulation of the price of stock; Difficulty in implementing stock repurchase program; Problems arising under the Exchange Act and relevant commission rules.
- SEC Probing Buybacks by LNB of Ohio . // American Banker;6/10/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 110, p24
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is conducting an informal inquiry of share repurchases conducted by Lorain County, Ohio-based company, LNB Bancorp Inc. during 2000 and 2001. Limitation imposed by the SEC rules on the ability of issuers to buy their own shares;...
- First Indiana files plan to buy back up to 1.6 million shares. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p43
Reports on the efforts of First Indiana Corp. to buy back the shares of the firm at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Hypercom OKs$10M Buyback Program. Wade, Will // American Banker;8/9/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 152, p13
This article reports that Hypercom Corp.'s executive board approved another stock repurchase plan. The Phoenix, Arizona, point of sale terminal company announced that its board has authorized an additional $10 million of buy backs. Hypercom said the program is authorized under the Securities and...
- THE CPA IN INDUSTRY. Oliver, Joseph R.; Moffeit, Katherine S.; Craig Jr., James L. // CPA Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p56
Presents information on the repurchasing of stock by publicly held corporations. Policy of the United States (U.S.) Securities and Exchange Commission regarding insider trading in a public corporation; Financial report and accounting of treasury stocks; Mandate of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code...
- Repo Men. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;7/26/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p3
No abstract available.
- SPARK Offers Rule 22c-2 Guidelines. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;7/10/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the controversy of the Securities and Exchange Commission's redemption fee rule also known as 22c-2 in the U.S. The rule allows fund companies to impose a redemption fee of as much as 2 percent on shareholders who sell their stakes within one week of purchase. Meant to...
- Colonial OKs a Buyback. Davis, Paul // American Banker;6/12/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 112, p19
The article states that Colonial BancGroup Inc.'s board had approved a stock repurchase program. The company stated in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission the program was set to expire on June 8, 2009. Colonial, which is situated in Montgomery, Alaska, has over 150 million...