Door Slams on At Home
- Comcast, Cox strain @Home family. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;9/10/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 11, p15
Focuses on the decision of Comcast and Cox Communications to strike against partner Excite@Home. Concerns of Comcast and Cox on their move; Comments from Mike Goodman, senior analyst for the Yankee Group.
- Cox, Comcast Get $2.9B in AT&T Stock. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p40
Reports on the decisions of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. to exchange their put-rights for Excite@Home Corp. stock for shares of AT&T Corp. Terms under the deal; Estimated shares of Excite@Home entitled for Comcast and Cox to sell; Total amount of Excite@Home shares owned by the...
- Comcast, Cox reach temporary At Home pacts. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/4/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p8
Reports the agreements between Excite@Home and Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Cost of At Home subscription; Approval of the agreement by the bankruptcy judge; Rejection of AT&T acquisition offer.
- 2 cable partners leaving At Home. Sperling, Nicole // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/4/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 43, p83
Reports the termination of agreement between Internet provider At Home Corp. and cable partners Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc. Interpretations of Janco Partners analysts about the agreement; Emphasis on At Home's ability to raise funds; Comments on financial condition of Excite@Home.
- Cablevision, MSOs Defer Excite@Home Tiff. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;06/26/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p10
Updates on the legal battle between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Excite@Home Corp. Agreement by Excite@Home to postpone an earlier deal with AT&T Corp., Cox Communications and Comcast Corp.; Significance of Excite@Home's request for an expedited trial beginning September 6, 2000.
- AT&T takes reins at Excite@Home. // CED;May2000, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s extension of its distribution agreement with Excite@Home Corp. and offer to buy out Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.'s ownership in the Internet company. AT&T's other plans to expand its reach in the industry; Terms of the agreement.
- Who Controls @Home? AT&T, After MSOs Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1
Reports on AT and T Corp.'s expansion of its management control over cable television Internet service provider Excite@Home Corp. as of April 3, 2000. Background on the company's deal with Excite@Home co-owners Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.
- Excite At Home Users Get Reprieve From Shutdown. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p9
Reports the bankruptcy of Excite At Home Corp. Collapse of negotiations with AT&T; Aid extended by Cox Communications Inc.; Concerns of home and professional users.
- @Home Affiliates Buy Breathing Space. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;12/17/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p3
Reports the bankruptcy of Excite@Home Corp. Approval of Judge Thomas Jackson of interim contracts signed by telecommunications companies; Details of the features of Comcast High-Speed Internet network; Information on the network and migration strategy of Cox Communications.