Comcast Dials Up StarTek
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p2
The article reports on the selection of StarTek Inc. by Comcast Corp. for provisioning services and additional back-office operations for its voice-over Internet services. Comcast has already surpassed its 10 million broadband subscribers in the U.S.
- COMCAST CHOOSES ARRIS TOUCHSTONE TELEPHONY MODEM. // Modem Users News;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of the ARRIS Tourchstone Telephony Modem by Comcast to deploy Voice over Internet Protocol. Features of the modem; Capabilities of the Touchstone multimedia terminal adapter.
- CABLE OPERATORS DRAFT PLANS FOR VoIP TELEPHONY PUSH. Bathold, Jim // Telephony;1/13/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the plans of cable telephone companies in switching to voice over internet telephony (IP) systems in the U.S. Emphasis on the video side of telephony; Introduction to the video-on-demand technology of Comcast Corp.; Revenue opportunities offered by voice over IP.
- Comcast Wraps IP Trial. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p39
Reports the test run of Internet-protocol telephony of Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Partnership of Comcast with TollBridge Technologies Inc. and Arris Group Inc.; Acquisition of the telephony from MediaOne Group Inc.; Importance of Data Over Cable System Interface Specification 1.1. in...
- Comcast picks up phone. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p21
Reports the offering of a telephony service over Internet Protocol (IP) by Comcast in the U.S. Number of telephony customers; Installation of the DOCSIS 1.1 carrier class cable-modem termination system; Advantages of voice-over-IP versus circuit-switched.
- Comcast Looks To 'Unlimited' Phone Service. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. to launch telephone services that run on high-speed Internet networks. Brand being considered by the company for the telephone marketing initiative; Test of the Internet telephony on employees in Coatesville, Pennsylvania in 2002; Date set by Comcast for...
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- Internet Calling With Hand Holding. // njbiz;1/17/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the plan of Comcast to offer Internet telephone service in New Jersey in January 2005. Cost of the service per month; Features of the service.
- THE SUNSET GRILL. Elligott, Tim // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p29
Discusses the retirement of Comcast Chairman C. Michael Armstrong. Career achievements; Efforts of Armstrong to measure his company's growth, margins and efficiency against a false standard; Comcast's plan to to offer Internet protocol telephone service by 2006.