HD: Changing the production scene
- High-def TV buyers, beware. // Medical Economics;3/3/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p12
The article reports on the results of the survey regarding the buyers of high definition television sets in the U.S. According to the survey, 50 percent of those who purchased high-definition television sets are not taking full advantage of the technology. Fourteen percent of the respondents...
- DOWNTIME. // Computer Weekly;1/14/2014, p26
The article reports on the embarrassment experienced by "Transformers" film director Michael Bay when he failed to deliver his speech about Samsung's ultra high-definition television at Consumers Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2014.
- The `dark' side of HDTV. // Broadcast Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the views of high-definition television (HDTV) veteran and pioneer Randall Dark regarding the future expansion of his HD Vision Inc. and the whole HDTV industry. Claim that HD Vision is the only North American firm with a HDTV mobile truck capable of handling a six-camera shoot;...
- Best & Brightest. // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p31
The article introduces several high-definition televisions including Pioneer's Elite PRO-1130HD, Mitsubishi's WD-62827 and JVC HD-70FH96. Each of these high-definition televisions is the maker's best work and reaches for the state-of-the-art in television design.
- HDTV. // Sound & Vision;Jun2008, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p74
The article features several high-definition television. They include the Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-110FD 50-inch plasma, the Samsung LN-T5218F 52-inch 1080 LCD, the JVC DLA-HD100 1080p D-ILA front projector, and the Sony XEL-1 11-inch OLED TV. The article describes the key features, release date...
- THE 4K CONUNDRUM. KEENE, DAVID // Digital Signage Magazine;Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the new 4K flat panel displays in the market. Whether 4K takes off in the market or even in the commercial television market market depends on whether content providers can get 4K content across a campus, an enterprise, or the country. The broadcast TV world moving to new...
- Function over form. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);9/23/2009, p28
The article discusses the stability of television set features despite the advancements of electronic devices with its decreased sizes created by the industries in Great Britain. It notes that television screens remain wider with flatscreen attributes but become thinner as it advances. It...
- Corporate meeting rooms become high-tech wonders. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p20A
The article discusses how corporations and hotels are integrating high definition and videoconferencing technologies into their boardrooms and meeting spaces. Other high technology systems are already available for both the business and hospitality sectors including digital signage displaying...
- Modern Marvels. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;2/25/2005, Vol. 86 Issue 19, p2
Focuses on the technological advances of the last 25 years. Average weight of cell phones in 1980; Year in which the Internet started operating; Quality of high-definition televisions.