TCM Focuses Off-Screen
- Gridiron challenge. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;2003 Special Golde Globe Issue, Vol. 281, p12
Delves into the issue of schedule transition for the Golden Globe Awards, Academy Awards, and the American Football Conference championship games in the U.S. Number of people who watched these special TV programs on average; Schedule for the announcement of the Golden Globe Award winners and...
- A&E's `Biography' has lots of company. Gottlieb // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p108
Reports on the proliferation of biographical television programs in the United States. Establishment of the trend by A&E Networks' `Biography' program; Shows that are not expressly about a person's life as relying on biographical content to delve into issues, eras and discoveries; Upstart...
- Eye lands safely on rooftop, runway. Kissell, Rick // Variety;12/12/2011, Vol. 425 Issue 5, p33
The article considers the strong ratings of television programs broadcast November 28-December 4, 2011, using the ratings for "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" on November 29, 2011 as an example of an increase in ratings compared to the same week in 2010.
- Return of Top Gear triumphs over the CBB final. // Televisual;Feb2007, p74
The article provides information about the different TV programs and the percentage of viewership for January 2006 in Great Britain. The return of the show "Dancing on Ice" on ITV Production has 8.6 million viewers who watched celebrities skating. The documentary about primordial dwarfs titled...
- SPIRITED HOLIDAY TV SPECIAL. // Jet;12/24/2001, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p12
Describes the animated television Christmas special 'Santa, Baby!' starring Gregory Hines, which premieres in December 2001 on the FOX channel.
- No tears for CBS's '9/11'. Shales, Tom // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p31
Comments on the failure of the television special '9/11' from CBS in the U.S. Focus of the show; Running time of the telecast; Absence of the portrayal of heroism.
- MTV and CBS Examine Ecstasy. // MediaWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p34
Previews the television special `True Life: I Am on Ecstasy,' from MTV News and CBS.
- A Comic's Trip. Flaherty, Mike // Entertainment Weekly;11/05/99, Issue 511, p59
Provides information on the television special `Robert Schimmel: Unprotected.'
- National Geographic Spotlights Grizzlies. // National Parks;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 61 Issue 3/4, p36
Announces the airing date of the National Geographic special 'The Grizzlies.' Production of the program by National Geographic and Pittsburgh's WQED; Show's investigation of bears in adequate and limited habitats.