Missouri Tries to Regulate VoIP Via Cable
- VOIP ROLLOUTS. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p19
The article reports on the efforts of Missouri utility regulators to require Comcast Corp. (CC) to apply for an operating certificate for its telephone operations in the state. A federal court ruling asserted that state officials have the authority to interpret federal policy on voice over...
- CLEARING THE AIR. // Multichannel News;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p48
The article reports on the approval of the Missouri Public Service Commission (PSC) staff representatives on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules regarding the regulation of voice-over-Internet-protocol (VoIP) services. However, the commission disagrees with how their local VoIP...
- Court to decide Clarkson Valley solar panel ruling. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;4/25/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 17, pA1
The article reports that Clarkson Valley homeowners Jim and Frances Babb and the Missouri Solar Energy Industries Association have filed a lawsuit against Clarkson Valley and the Missouri Public Service Commission to challenge their decision for rejecting a special use permit to allow the Babbs...
- Court Denies E911 Stay But Leaves Door Ajar. // Telecom Policy Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p8
This article deals with the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on a petition filed by Nuvio, Lightyear Network Solutions, Lingo and i2 Telecom International against Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in the country in November 2005. Arguments raised by the...
- COMCAST CHOOSES ARRIS TOUCHSTONE TELEPHONY MODEM. // Modem Users News;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of the ARRIS Tourchstone Telephony Modem by Comcast to deploy Voice over Internet Protocol. Features of the modem; Capabilities of the Touchstone multimedia terminal adapter.
- CABLE OPERATORS DRAFT PLANS FOR VoIP TELEPHONY PUSH. Bathold, Jim // Telephony;1/13/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the plans of cable telephone companies in switching to voice over internet telephony (IP) systems in the U.S. Emphasis on the video side of telephony; Introduction to the video-on-demand technology of Comcast Corp.; Revenue opportunities offered by voice over IP.
- Comcast Wraps IP Trial. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p39
Reports the test run of Internet-protocol telephony of Comcast Corp. in Detroit, Michigan. Partnership of Comcast with TollBridge Technologies Inc. and Arris Group Inc.; Acquisition of the telephony from MediaOne Group Inc.; Importance of Data Over Cable System Interface Specification 1.1. in...
- Comcast picks up phone. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/8/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 28, p21
Reports the offering of a telephony service over Internet Protocol (IP) by Comcast in the U.S. Number of telephony customers; Installation of the DOCSIS 1.1 carrier class cable-modem termination system; Advantages of voice-over-IP versus circuit-switched.
- What You Need To Know Now... // CT Daily;2/15/2013, p1
The article offers the U.S. news briefs related to telecommunication industry as of February 2013. Comcast Corp. announces that it is the first service provider in the world to achieve Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0) certification from the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) for E-Line and E-LAN services....