News, Liberty Poised to Deal
- DirecTV Execs Lay Low at CES. // Multichannel News;1/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the move of DirecTV Inc. to lay low at the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to the spokesman of DirecTV, the company has planned no announcements or news at the CES events. It is argued that DirecTV waits for the completion of the...
- JOINT BIRD BID FLIES COOP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/27/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 39, p39
Reports on the decision of Liberty Media Co. and News Corp. to withdraw joint bid for DirecTV Inc. in the u.S. Reasons for the withdrawal; Efforts of raising funds by Liberty; Interest of Liberty in pursuing the deal.
- Murdoch Chirps While DirecTV Clicks. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p32
The article reports on the financial performance of News Corp. and DirecTV for the fourth quarter of 2006. News Corp. has agreed to exchange a 38 percent stake in DirecTV, 550 million dollars in cash and three regional sports networks for Liberty Media's 19 percent voting interests in News Corp....
- Liberty Spreads News on Direct TV. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p27
Reports on possible joint acquisition of the direct-broadcast satellite branch of Hughes Electronics Corp., DirecTV Inc. and News Corp. with Liberty Media Corp. Outlines of initiatives taken by Hughes to build the layout for its distribution platform; Conversation of Liberty with Hughes parent...
- Liberty Out of DirecTV Hunt? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p2
Liberty Media Corp. has effectively dropped out of the bidding for direct-broadcast satellite powerhouse DirecTV Inc., after it announced a deal that would require it to purchase up to $500 million in News Corp. stock within the next six months as of March 2003. According to the deal, if Liberty...
- Murdoch: 'Frightened' of Triple Play. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/22/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p35
The article reports on the reason behind News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch's decision to swap the company's controlling interest in DirecTV for Liberty Media's voting stake in News Corp. According to Murdoch, he feared that satellite company DirecTV would not be able to compete with cable...
- Indirectly after DirecTV. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;10/02/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 41, p35
Reports that News Corp. has acquired Liberty Media's stake in Gemstar-TV Guide as of October 2, 2000. Details of the purchase deal; Implications for News Corp.'s plan to acquire satellite television company DirecTV Inc.
- DirecTV Bid Brew Bubbles. // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p6
Reports that Liberty Media has agreed to buy News Corp. stock to support its bid for DirecTV.
- Interactive TV Top 10 Power Rankings. Swann, Phillip // Response;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p23
Lists the top ten interactive television firms that benefit most from the growth of television technology. News Corp.; Liberty Media; TiVo; DirecTV; Echostar; AOL Time Warner; Comcast; NBC; Wink; Liberate.