Cinemax Makes 'Star Wars' High-Def Saga
- Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the recommendation made by the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus which aims to stop Comcast Corp. from claiming that its Xfinity services can provide the best quality of high definition (HD) picture.
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.
- HBO predicts widescreen, not HDTV. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/12/97, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p16
Reports on Home Box Office's (HBO) plan to continue using its satellite bandwidth for multiplexed signals and to offer widescreen SDTV pictures in the future. Findings of an HBO survey on viewers' reaction to high-definition television (HDTV); HBO's MPEG-2 encoding and decoding gear.
- A slow road to HDTV. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p19
Reports on the growth of high definition television in the United States. Film-sales-to-TV market; Featured films of Home Box Office Inc.; Conversion of feature films from independent distributors.
- High production values. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the implications of high definition (HD) television cameras on delivering high production values for film and video footages in Europe. One of HD's creation was Super 16, a single-perforated, motion picture film that use the maximum image area available on conventional 16...
- COMCAST LAUNCHES 81 NEW TV NETWORKS IN SACRAMENTO. // Telephone IP News;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p7
The article announces the launch of 81 new television networks for the customers of Comcast in Sacramento, California in 2010. Included in the offering are 61 high-definition (HD) networks, 14 international premium networks and six standard definition channels. It mentions a similar launch of...
- Demanding Video. Healy, Justin // Fortune;11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p30
Presents a letter to the editor about "Comcast Wants to Change the World" (Oct. 18) and Comcast's pursuit of video-on-demand (VOD).
- I can see clearly now. Schumuckler, Eric // Adweek Midwest Edition;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 19, pSR18
Reports on the utilization of high-definition transmission among television system operators, including Comcast and Charter Communications. Application of digital technology in television transmission; Projected cost of high-definition television system; Volume of subscribers for cable...