NBA Takes It to the 'Net
- McAdams On: TV as We Know It. MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;4/2/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p6
The author discusses the trends in cable television (TV) and broadcasting, focusing on the decline in pay-TV and the rise of adoption of broadband services in the U.S., such as by telecommunication company Comcast Corp. with 20.7 million broadband subscribers.
- Comcast Stretches Broadband Subscriber Lead In Q3. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;11/21/2014, p00
The 17 largest cable and phone companies in the U.S. added more than 700,000 new broadband Internet subscribers in the third quarter. The net gain helped cable companies offset losses of video subscribers during the same period.
- Comcast Flexing Its ISP Muscle, While Reed Hastings Sees Red. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/31/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p4
The article reports that Netflix Chief Executive Reed Hastings expressed concern over the U.S. District Court approval of the over-the-top video service collaboration between internet service provider Comcast and media company Apple in the X1 broadband network. Hastings posted a blog stating...
- A Push for More Online Video Begins. Lawson, Stephen // PCWorld;Sep2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the collaboration between Comcast and Time Warner on an initiative to create more free video programming available online for pay-television (TV) subscribers. The service, called TV Everywhere model, acts as a framework for making more shows available over any broadband...
- TV TO PC: SPECIAL DELIVERY. Fadaghi, Foad // BRW;10/4/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p42
The article examines the condition of broadband communication in Australia. According to the Australian Entertainment and Media Outlook 2007-2011 report by PricewaterhouseCoopers, only subscription television and Internet content and services will record double digit revenue growth over the next...
- COMCAST LAUNCHES XFINITY 3D. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;2/28/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p8
The article reports that cable provider Comcast has launched the Xfinity 3D 24-hour channel in the U.S.
- Comcast Loses Video Subs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the loss of 135,000 video subscribers by Comcast Corp. in the fourth quarter of 2010 and 757,000 video subscribers for the entire fiscal year.
- Reversal of Fortune: Comcast Wins New Subs. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p19
The article talks about cable television operator Comcast and its slight increase in subscribers for the fourth quarter of 2013. Topics include statistics on video subscriber losses and customer declines from 2009 to 2013, the reasons behind the subscriber gain from advances in online-video...
- REPORT: 30% OF PAY-TV HOUSEHOLDS AT RISK TO CHEAPER ONLINE OPTIONS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on In-Stat's findings that almost one in three U.S. households with subscription-based pay-television might terminate such service for lower-cost Internet video alternatives.