Comcast, Starz Think Downloads
- Movies, Video Migrate Online. Spangler, Todd; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on companies that have launched Internet-based content offerings in the U.S. Microsoft Corp. has signed a deal with several entertainment companies to rent downloads of 1,000 hours of TV shows and movies to its Xbox 360 video-game console. Comcast Corp. launched a beta...
- BILL'S CORNER: briefly. // Chicago Citizen;7/7/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the new affiliation agreement between Starz Entertainment LLC and Comcast Corp. for the distribution of Starz Entertainment's premium channels in Chicago, Illinois.
- Starz and Netflix End License Renewal Talks. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;9/5/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p1
The article discusses the content license renewal with Netlix that was ended by Starz Entertainment. It mentions that ending the 30-million-U.S. dollar annual contract with Starz by February 2012 would lead to loss of Netflix access to movies from Walt Disney Studios and Sony Pictures. It also...
- Not So Fast, Netflix -- Starz Re-Ups With Sony. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;2/18/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the signing by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Starz Entertainment of a multiyear agreement that extends their first-run output premium pay-television (TV) license agreement giving Starz exclusive pay-TV rights to Sony Pictures' theatrical releases through 2021.
- Sony deal a savior for Starz stox. Levine, Stuart; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;2/12/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 26, p1
The article reports that the share prices for Starz Entertainment LLC has gone up following reports of the company's extended 5-year contract with Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
- Here is why the Internet should be left to free market, consumer choice. // Human Events;4/30/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p14
The article cites Internet service provider Comcast's exclusion of its movie downloads through their Xfinity service from the usage cap on their Xbox gaming system application as an example of why the Internet should be left to free market.
- Starz, Comcast extend pact. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;6/30/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 62, p4
The article reports on the long-term carriage renewal agreement between Starz Entertainment LLC and Comcast Corp. that call for Starz movie titles and other programming to be made on Comcast's broadband on-demand service.
- Starz aligns for Comcast deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;6/30/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that a multiyear affiliation deal is signed between channel operator Starz Entertainment LLC and cable giant Comcast Corp.
- Starz to Tout Vongo on HP, Compaq PCs. Arnold, Thomas K. // Home Media Magazine;9/9/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p14
The article reports on the decision of Starz Entertainment to renew and expand an agreement concerning its subscription broadband movie and video download service Vongo. The agreement would make the service available on HP and Compaq notebook computers. Such agreement was announced at the Your...