The Passive Approach to Commodity Investing
- Coin adds risk module to software solution. // Money Management;5/18/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p5
The article reports that Coin Software in Australia has released its financial and investment planning software named Inc. The software helps the planner assess a client's income and future income requirements. It also gives the planner access to 14 life companies and more than 100 individual...
- The CRB's unknown double bottom. Bianco, James A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul99, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p50
Points out the importance of being updated on changing index components to improve the accuracy of commodity trading analysis. Averaging of prices; Calculation of index on a total return basis; Necessity of mastering the instrument/index being analyzed. INSET: Defining yields.
- Can Personal Financial Planning Save Us from Bubbles? Ciccotello, Conrad S. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses investment bubbles that have occurred in the United States in the past and possible steps that can be taken to protect investors from bubbles in the future. Mistakes that the author feels people make regarding their investments are mentioned, such as not being able to...
- Healthy finances. // New Zealand Doctor;9/10/2008, p29
The article presents several personal finance management tips. There are two ways to make objective investment decisions, dollar cost averaging and regular savings plan. It is said that people should not always rely on their ability to interpret a situation instantly because it may lead them to...
- Skill and results keep sector alive. Tora, Brian // Fund Strategy;7/23/2007, p16
The author reflects on income investing in Great Britain. He recalls seeing an advertisement that summed up the attraction of the said funds. He adds that his recollection of the figures published in the advertisements may not be wholly accurate but the message was clear that anyone buying the...
- Less means more. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/17/2003, p50
Focuses on the benefits of unit trust consolidation for South African investors. State of the unit trust sector in the country; Difficulty of closing a unit trust; Process of consolidating unit trusts.
- CE Quiz November 2004. // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p172
Presents a quiz about investments and financial planning.
- BUSINESS & YOUR MONEY. Greenberg, Dean // Inside Tucson Business;1/9/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p28
The article focuses on the factors that affects personal finances. Accordingly, a sense of the market is far more important in making reasonable investment decisions than a sense of an individual holding. Market professionals are to make a short-term living at the expense of what should be the...
- Offshore or up the creek? Speedy, Sonia // Corporate Adviser;Mar2009, p34
The article implies the need of examining the safety of offshore products that can be beneficial for right clients. According to Worldwide Financial Planning managing director Peter McGahan, an offshore bond is simply a tax product that allows for very flexible tax planning such as tax-free...